note information lost

we got a new puppy, I typed in a long list of things to get this morning on the Evernote app, my MacBook 12.7.1, 10.64.5-mac-ddl-public (20231025132339), Editor: v176.15.0, Service: v1.76.1. Closed Evernote.

Just did a quick check now at lunchtime as I was about to leave for the pet shop - the note is blank. No history of previous versions. The list is gone.

Extremely frustrating!!

Why isn't there a Save or Sync button if Evernote isn't saving content automatically?

It just says "Evernote copies the content several times a day". what does that even mean? Can I depend on it to save a note or not?

I have been using Evernote for almost 10 years.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Where did you check this morning?  Same device?  Everything you added should have been saved localy, even if it didn't have enough time to sync with the server.

We're mainly users here,  but I'd suggest you contact support - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new

They're rather busy right now,  so it may take a few days to get a response; but you'll have a ticket number which reserves a place in the queue.

It was gone on both my devices. It was time-sensitive, so I won’t contact support. First time it’s happened with notes, though sometimes it happened if I saved an image or website page, which I didn’t mind as much.

thanks for your responses!

• Like 1