Copy and paste and new lines in current Evernote vs. Legacy

I have been a long-time satisfied legacy user since 2011 and am struggling with the transition. I use Evernote only on Windows desktop/laptop and have been a heavy user of WIN-A (which I think I may have remapped to WIN-SHIFT-A at some point) to move things into Evernote. I see that this is not supported in the new Evernote. I have tried various alternatives, but have been unable to find anything satisfactory.

Although it is less convenient, I thought I could get CTRL-C plus CTRL-N plus some variation on CTRL-V to work. However, I am hitting a brick wall with the way that it is treating new line characters. If I try to keep any sort of formatting, it seems to want to close up all the linebreaks like so:

Matthew Perry, who portrayed Chandler Bing in the acclaimed sitcom “Friends,” has died. He was 54.
The  death was confirmed by Capt. Scot Williams of the Los Angeles Police  Department’s Robbery-Homicide division. He said the cause of death was  not likely to be determined for some time, but there was no indication  of foul play.
Mr. Perry was well known  to American television audiences, featuring in over 200 episodes in all  10 seasons of “Friends,” the hit NBC show that followed a group of  young professionals living in Manhattan.

Whereas previously it came through by default like the following, which was much more readable:

Matthew Perry, who portrayed Chandler Bing in the acclaimed sitcom “Friends,” has died. He was 54.

The  death was confirmed by Capt. Scot Williams of the Los Angeles Police  Department’s Robbery-Homicide division. He said the cause of death was  not likely to be determined for some time, but there was no indication  of foul play.

Mr. Perry was well known  to American television audiences, featuring in over 200 episodes in all  10 seasons of “Friends,” the hit NBC show that followed a group of  young professionals living in Manhattan.

Does anyone have any idea how to control this or how to fix it?

The other drawback of pasting in the new Evernote is that if I am copying from a website, it doesn’t automatically adds the URL in the note info and it’s less convenient to get to the place where you can add that manually.

Thank you!

Thanks. Unfortunately, Shift+Ctrl+V also seems to get rid of all the hyperlinks and formatting that I would prefer to keep. And I found it difficult to work with that box thing that the web clipper puts around everything. I also tried ctrl-alt-v, but for some reason that mostly just does nothing for me.

• Level 5
13 hours ago, K55 said:

Thanks. Unfortunately, Shift+Ctrl+V also seems to get rid of all the hyperlinks and formatting that I would prefer to keep. And I found it difficult to work with that box thing that the web clipper puts around everything. I also tried ctrl-alt-v, but for some reason that mostly just does nothing for me.

I found in a quick test that Ctrl+Alt+V seems to work OK with text, but chokes on images, which obviously is problematic for most Web pages. The HTML box that Web Clipper creates can be removed by clicking on the top gray bar, then clicking the "magic wand." This "simplifies" the text, making it editable, which may or may not result in some of the same formatting issues you're encountering. All in all the Web Clipper is the best way to get Websites into Evernote (note its various options, including saving multiple selections, which can be made very precise), and it does automatically include the URL.