Pasting Code Direct from say VSCode and Android Studio and etc. makes the lines gone??

Pasting Code Direct from say VSCode and Android Studio and etc. makes the lines gone??

It still hasn't been fixed. When you paste in code from say ChatGPT then copy and paste that without sending it to ChatGPT, it keeps the lines.

The invisible spaces between the lines should be kept so it's easier to see the code than no invisible lines (lines with no text on it).

This is the same as doing a workaround for certain things where you paste up on the browser URL area then copy and paste that to remove all metadata formatting for other things that retain it such as black highlight with white text instead of just being regular text.

I mean, if it breaks something fixing this problem where it auto codeblocks with no space breaks in between then it's better to just keep it like that. Doing workarounds is alright but other people might not know just as with many things in life. As developers at least, it should be possible to fix but like I said, if it breaks other things, just keep it.

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, AntDX316 said:

It still hasn't been fixed.

I'm not sure it ever will be,  and certainly not in the next several months - there's nothing in Evernote's note-taking promotions that proclaims its code-handling options,  and I don't know how many users will want or need a code editor - so why would Evernote go to the trouble of adding those features to their standard text editor?  This isn't something that's broken - it would be a new feature.

At present they're revising their server infrastructure for overall speed,  accuracy and efficiency so even if they are interested in upgrading the editor I doubt it will happen anytime soon.  Meantime if you need to have your code available via a note,  why not attach a third-party editor file to your note?

Does it work if you paste directly into a code block? Otherwise you may be better off attaching your source file to a note? Evernote isn't really a great source code editor, I use it for quick access to commonly used snippets and scripts but I don't expect any fancy formatting or syntax highlighting. The code blocks are handy for snippets for sure! Beyond that I would use a good file manager like Directory Opus to organize your files on a NAS.

I use Evernote mainly as a repository because I can use multiple devices and it works great.

I use other software too. Google Drive/Keep is sometimes unreliable. Uploading things to Google Drive on mobile is impossible without Wifi. It never forces through even after you connect to Wifi. With Keep, it's good but it can take some to time to see the upload.

Sure, you can use other methods cheaper than Evernote.

I had issues with Github where some files never ever update no matter what I did.

I use Evernote to help rebuild.

I just try to give feedback to the softwares I use when I encounter them.

• Like 1