Tried AI Search in Android. Now stuck

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I tried for the first time AI Search. Now it is stuck. I cannot get out of AI Search. I can scroll down the results but that's all. No other buttons work. I can't even return to the previous screen nor change the search terms.

I restarted Evernote but I get back to the same AI Search screen. I even restarted my Android but when I open Evernote it's the same window 

Help!!!

• Evernote Expert

There have been a few reports of Evernote for Android slowing down or freezing when AI Powered Search Beta is used. I shut Evernote down and that freed things for me. If you cannot get back to anything other than the AI Powered Search screen then you might find it quickest to uninstall the app and then reinstall it.

I don't really use AIPS so it is easy for me to ignore on Android until things settle down. For me, the queries I've submitted have returned inaccurate answers leaving me with nothing much improved over the standard search.  But this is a BETA release so I anticipate that feedback will improve things.

• Level 5*

I can confirm the freeze - or rather I was stuck on the search page for 2-3 minutes with small adjustments popping up from time to time,  and then the screen reset to my home page and eventually Android popped up a 'not responding' error.  I sent a report.  On restart Evernote is still stuck on the AI search.  Panels will scroll up and down,  but none of the command icons work.  Reinstall coming up...

EDIT <sigh> I just realised I spent several days downloading 20GB of offline notes that I'll now have to replace too... :(

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

I can confirm the freeze - or rather I was stuck on the search page for 2-3 minutes with small adjustments popping up from time to time,  and then the screen reset to my home page and eventually Android popped up a 'not responding' error.  I sent a report.  On restart Evernote is still stuck on the AI search.  Panels will scroll up and down,  but none of the command icons work.  Reinstall coming up...

I got a similar behaviour, although closing all apps and restarting the phone, it came back with the AI search page for a few seconds then resumed working normally.  I still only have the dozen or so notes that I previously downloaded on the phone.

• Level 5*
  • Solution
2 hours ago, lrgalvez said:

Still stuck after more than an hour.

If I have the Evernote database saved in my mobile phone is it safe to presume I won't need to download everything from the server? So reinstall is faster.

Thanks

A reinstall worked for me - I got 10.56.3 - and access to the server database is immediate.  Unfortunately I'd downloaded 60k+ notes to 20GB of my SD card,  so I could work in my tablet without a network connection,  and all that is gone;  the reinstall took all of 3 minutes.  The downloads will be ongoing for days....  ;)