Evernote does not recognize external space after restart

I have switched the local drive space for documents to an external drive. The switch works fine once Evernote has copied all files to the new location. But as soon as I restart my system or reconnect the external drive, Evernote does not recognize its archive and wants me to switch back to the default setting:

"Vergewissere dich, dass eine Verbindung zum Speicherort besteht und versuche es erneut. Alternativ kannst du den Speicherort auf die Standardeinstellung zurücksetzen."

But the drive is there and I can access it through my file explorer. What am I missing?

• Evernote Expert

I think a removeable drive would cause problems like this.  If you want to use a drive that can be disconnected you should QUIT Evernote before disconnecting or shutting down your device.  Also ensure that the drive reconnects before Evernote restarts.  I have a NAS drive and it connects more slowly than Evernote starts up when I power up my PC.  So, in that instance Evernote would not be able to see the required drive and would revert to the default.  Try disabling automatic startup in the Evernote app settings.  Manually start Evernote when you are sure that your drive is available and see if that works.

• Level 5

The connection is likely lost on shutdown, not on startup. Or it’s the startup sequence, when the drive is not connected yet.

There is an app (I don’t remember the name) that creates a controllable startup schedule, like drives go first, and with a small delay the apps are ramping up afterwards. This allows to see that the necessary connections are available when an app it looking for it.

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunatly that did not solve the problem. I deleted the autostart item for Evernote, restarted my system and made sure the external drive and data is available. But when I start Evernote it will still ask me to switch back to the standard settings - moving the document path back to the local Library.