legacy syncs on some machines but not others?

I use Evernote legacy, and the first thing I'd do after it's finally killed is migrate and cancel my subscription of 13~ years.

I noticed starting yesterday that the same version of legacy (6.25.1.9091) syncs on one machine, and doesn't sync on another. Everything is the same between machines, nothing was changed on either; the failure in Activity log is just an instant connection error that also gives me a public image url on Evernote site that supposedly cannot be downloaded - this url is accessible from the browser. Sadly I tried logging out/in and didn't save the url. Logging out and trying to log back in also fails with an instant connection error. Needless to say Evernote 10 connects easily on the same machine. And to reiterate, the same version of legacy can sync without issues on another machine on the same network.

So, what is the official position on legacy, is it dead or not?

<rant>

And yes I've tried 10 just now - it's still laggy and forced  updates are not acceptable, an average Electron developer is dumber than a bag of bricks so they'd break something every other update (and, as searching these forums clearly indicates, do break things with updates all the time).

As for "10 is not that bad", I work as a high level software engineer at a major tech co, and do hiring sometimes. If I was presented with an Electron developer who thinks Electron (and the like) are a good idea, and my choices were "hire them in my team" and "spend the next month literally watching them starve to death for lack of income" I'd totally go with watching them starve to death. 

I understand modern users find laggy clunky apps acceptable cause they've barely used a good native app (like original Evernote!) in their lives, but I'm too old for this BS.

</rant>

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, sershe said:

So, what is the official position on legacy, is it dead or not?

This being a (mainly) user-supported Forum,  'official' responses are not something you find here.  Talk to Support for more on that.  The fact we're seeing a lot more 'Legacy won't log in' reports here might be a clue though - the big red "This App Is Out Of Date" banner may have been significant...