• Level 5*

Hi.  What level of subscriber are you?  What Device / OS (10? 11?) and Evernote version do you have?  Please give us a screen shot example of a word or phrase actually in Evernote,  and give us your search word or phrase here...

13 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  What level of subscriber are you?  What Device / OS (10? 11?) and Evernote version do you have?  Please give us a screen shot example of a word or phrase actually in Evernote,  and give us your search word or phrase here...

Hi...i am in evernote personal win 11 and evernote 10.63.3 on web app.in the screenshot you see an excel file that i have uploaded the yellow marker is what i m looking for.When i search the number nothing appearsScreenshot_2.png.63ce8cc6f418fda5d7f2748379e0a2cf.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hmmn.  The spreadsheets I have are in XLSX format,  but a quick test on my system (Win 11 / EN 10.63.3) shows that content is findable.  Maybe try powering your system off and on again?  If that doesn't work - contact Support!

As a quick thought - is this note shared with you by someone else,  or are you the direct owner? 

1 minute ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  The spreadsheets I have are in XLSX format,  but a quick test on my system (Win 11 / EN 10.63.3) shows that content is findable.  Maybe try powering your system off and on again?  If that doesn't work - contact Support!

As a quick thought - is this note shared with you by someone else,  or are you the direct owner? 

i m the owner ant the note is not shared

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 minute ago, katarasg said:

i m the owner ant the note is not shared

Thanks for confirming.  I'm not sure whether the slightly different file format is important, but I think you're best talking to Support - most of us here are other users, so limited in what testing we can do..

• Evernote Expert

I just ran a simple test.  I created a spreadsheet in XLS format and popped it into a note.  I resaved the spreadsheet in XLSX format and popped that into a second note.

I searched for a string that I had included in the spreadsheets.  It immediately located the note containing the XLSX file but not the XLS.

I conclude that content in XLS files isn't scanned.  I'll wait a few hours and double check.

10 minutes ago, agsteele said:

I just ran a simple test.  I created a spreadsheet in XLS format and popped it into a note.  I resaved the spreadsheet in XLSX format and popped that into a second note.

I searched for a string that I had included in the spreadsheets.  It immediately located the note containing the XLSX file but not the XLS.

I conclude that content in XLS files isn't scanned.  I'll wait a few hours and double check.

Thank you.Maybe a bug but must be fix it.I turn it to xlsx and now working.Why this happens?

• Evernote Expert

The XLS file format has not been recommended for 20 years or more. Perhaps the developers considered this as too out of date.

You can certainly give feedback about the issue - feedback@evernote.com

16 minutes ago, agsteele said:

The XLS file format has not been recommended for 20 years or more. Perhaps the developers considered this as too out of date.

You can certainly give feedback about the issue - feedback@evernote.com

OK.I TURN TO XLSX but the new problem is after find the key searched the next thing is that find within note not workink ...even i check find with in note nothing is highligted