Constantly asked to sign up to a free trial every 5 minutes.

Every 5 minutes I get a pop-up overlay to sign up to a free trial.

It's extremely frustrating when I'm trying to take meeting notes, but have to constantly close this pop-up window every 5 minutes.

A week prior I was getting the same notification 2-3 times a day,  but now it's constant. I've closed this pop up over 40 times today. 

This exclusive offer has been expiring for the last two months, apparently I won't be able to get this offer back. 
This is having the opposite effect of getting me to sign up.

Is this happening for anyone else? I get I'm on a the free version, but this is unusable at this point.
Is there a setting I can choose to disable prompts to sign up?

Screen Shot 2023-10-03 at 2.38.26 pm.png

• Level 5*

If you're already using it for business meetings,  it would seem like a sensible precaution to pay for the service to avoid pop-ups and get access to email support.  If you want to continue using free,  then hit "skip trial" at top right.  If that's what you're already doing,  then Evernote appear to be trying to tell you something... 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
26 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

Interesting. I wonder if this is a new thing that we'll start seeing more reports about or if it's just a one off bug kind of a thing.

"Free" accounts do seem impractical for any business - I can understand people needing time to try the app out,  but surely a 30-day trial would do that.  After which you can shut down the account and get rid of the overhead of administration and bandwidth.  And sometimes it seems half the posts here are about devices and upload limits.  Maybe Evernote are having a positive purge to see whether existing users can be prompted to subscribe before announcing a final change...

• Like 1
  • Level 5

You can use the "Skip trial" text "button" top right, or click to accept the offer, then break it off at the next page. However it will be back - you will pay with your attention unless you decide to pay.

Fair deal IMHO - and I second you shouldn't use a "Free" app for any professional use.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • Level 5*
3 minutes ago, lauren813 said:

Evernote is becoming elitist.....

By requiring users to pay if they want to have full access to the features?  How much free work are you involved with at the moment?

• Like 2