Evernote Blank Every Time I Open It

Hello, 

I am having an issue with Evernote that just started yesterday. I tried opening Evernote on my Safari browser as I usually do, but the screen was completely blank (as shown in the picture). I tried refreshing the page, closing all my tabs, clearing history, and even restarting my laptop but nothing has worked. I even tried clearing the website data for Evernote, and it finally gave me the Log In page where I was able to log in, but once it signed me in, the page went blank as usual.

I thought maybe it was an Evernote issue, but it’s working perfectly fine on my phone. So I’m not sure what it is…

Any ideas on what the issue could be or how to fix it?

I would appreciate any help!

Screen Shot 2023-09-29 at 1.41.09 PM.png

12 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Have you tried another browser?  It's possible that Safari updated itself and Evernote hasn't caught up yet...

If you can get to them,  please check these two locations -

...and check they show "new version / enable v10"

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Safari works, latest version, no problem.

I think one of the 2 described switches are not active, leading to a malfunction of the web client. Once both are set, the client should work again, as it does for me.

Hi,

So I just checked these 2 settings and it says I’m using the new version of Evernote Web, and the checkmark for “Enable V10+ web clients” is on. I also checked my phone settings too and the same thing. It says I’m using “Evernote 10.54.1”

I haven’t tried using another browser yet. I’ve been a loyal Safari user for years now 😅 I have tried using Chrome in the past but it put a heavy drain on my battery, so I stopped using it and switched back to Safari. I might try it again though if I have to.

I even tried using a private window and logging in that way, but as soon as I logged in the screen was blank as usual. It’s like the page loads, but then it just goes blank. This has never happened before so I’m just really confused 🙁 I’ve been trying different things but nothing seems to be working so far and the page is still blank.

Could it be that this new Evernote web version is just not working with Safari anymore? What else could I try in the meantime?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

Still having the same issue and haven't found a resolution yet. Tried clearing web data, and all of that, but Evernote Web is still blank. I did try using Chrome and that also didn't work -- still got the same blank screen. 

I am currently using macOS Monterey 12.1 and my MacBook is only 2 years old, so I don't think it's age-related. I've never had an issue like this before, so I'm just really stuck on how to fix it :(

On 10/16/2023 at 3:21 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Try uninstalling with Appcleaner, then restart / reinstall from Evernote.com.  If that fails,  contact Support.

Hello, thank you for replying. Ok, is there any application that you recommend specifically? Different sites came up when I searched for an app cleaner. Also, I'm not sure how that would work as it's not the Evernote app I'm having trouble with, it's Evernote Web (the website) that is not working for me/giving me a blank screen. So how should I go about doing this? 

On 10/16/2023 at 3:21 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Try uninstalling with Appcleaner, then restart / reinstall from Evernote.com.  If that fails,  contact Support.

I found and downloaded the "AppCleaner," but I don't know how this will help if it's Evernote Web that I'm having trouble with, not the Evernote App, as I don't have it? I downloaded the AppCleaner but Evernote is not showing up in my Applications folder as I've never downloaded the app. Is there something I should be looking for or doing to fix this issue? I'm sorry if I'm not understanding your message correctly, I'm just not sure what to do. 

6 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

AppCleaner won’t help you with the web client.

You are here in the subforum for the INSTALLED Mac client.

Ah, my bad. I'm afraid I looked at "Evernote For Mac" and assumed it was for Mac users. Sorry about that. Should I delete this post and repost it in the correct subforum? 

• Level 5

No, it‘s OK. You mentioned the web client above, somehow it slipped by.

Can just say I have no issues.

Try a personal hotspot for the Mac. If it works then, it‘s on your network (firewall blocking ?). If it doesn’t work either, it‘s on the Mac (could be as well the Firewall, or any security software).

16 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

No, it‘s OK. You mentioned the web client above, somehow it slipped by.

Can just say I have no issues.

Try a personal hotspot for the Mac. If it works then, it‘s on your network (firewall blocking ?). If it doesn’t work either, it‘s on the Mac (could be as well the Firewall, or any security software).

Ok, I tried a personal hotspot and it didn't work either. I also tried using a Private window, but once I logged in, it gave me the same blank white screen. 

So knowing this, does this indicate what the issue could be? Could it be my Mac? 

• 2 weeks later...