Searching not working

I am trying to use Standard search for specific tags, but when I type in a search term, not tag results are shown. Even when I type in "tag:XXXX" it doesnt return correct results. Is this feature no longer working now that they have the AI search option?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, shekala said:

I am trying to use Standard search for specific tags, but when I type in a search term, not tag results are shown

When introducing AI search, EN have chosen to massively reduce the usefulness of the standard search. Suggested notes are no longer given and you can not search for tags or notebooks. The good news is that the "switch to" function still works (ctrl+Q on Windows). Alternatively youy could search for the tag in the main tag pop out window or in the tag filter.

9 minutes ago, shekala said:

Even when I type in "tag:XXXX" it doesnt return correct results.

That's not my experience. The advanced search syntax still works for me.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the suggestions. Crazy that companies add functionality that only a subset of people will use while massively reducing the current search capabilities. I hope they wake up and realize how many people depend on the "old" search abilities and that there is no reason to downgrade its functionality.

In the meantime, I tried the "tag:xxx" approach again and it apparently does work, but there is no indication that the filter is the chosen tag. I compared the results to a direct search of a tag and they appear to be the same so it appears to be working, but would be helpful if the filter showed the tag being shown.

• Level 5

It might be intentionally removed, although I doubt it. It is more plausible they just short circuited the existing code when adding the AI search function.

The next updates will show if the functionality returns. I always found the shortlists and suggestions helpful.

Just a quick note that I'm seeing the behavior shekala first reported -- eg, tag:XXX not working.  I get "Did you mean tail?" response regardless of the tag I use and no results.

Some of the other advanced search keywords seem to work though -- eg, notebook: ... Haven't checked all of the keywords, just interested in "tag" working again.

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 2.48.00 PM.png