Individual notes extremely slow to open and/or sync

MattSM

Hello,

I'm on a MacBook Air, using Ventura 13.5.2. Apologies if this is a known issue — I checked the existing threads briefly, but didn't see quite the same issue raised.

This week so far, individual notes on the web version (not having the same problem on EN for Android) have been so slow to open or sync, that it has affected my productivity and obliged me to renegotiate deadlines with clients.

My usual preview set-up is the "3 columns/panes", so I have stacks and notebooks in the left column, notes and reminders in the middle, and individual note preview in the larger right column.

Current issues:

• When clicking once on a note in the middle column, EN either:
    • fails to display it in the preview column; or
    • displays a note in the preview column, but it isn't the note I've clicked.
  • When double-clicking a note in the middle column:
    • a new window will open, but it will not display anything (spinning circle showing that it's loading...but this has taken up to 10 minutes).

I have already uninstalled and re-downloaded the web version, yesterday, but it made no noticeable difference.

I'm a simple user and really not very tech-literate 🙈 — is there a quick fix I'm unaware of? Or is it an ongoing issue that's being looked into?

Many thanks in advance.

Matt

• Evernote Expert

This sort of issue has been reported to be resolved for SOME users using the Hardware Acceleration Disabled setting in the app settings under Application Preferences.

Try and see if it helps.  If not, reenable.

7 minutes ago, agsteele said:

This sort of issue has been reported to be resolved for SOME users using the Hardware Acceleration Disabled setting in the app settings under Application Preferences.

Try and see if it helps.  If not, reenable.

Thank you, agsteele.

That seems to have improved things somewhat. I'll keep an eye on this and toggle that setting if the problem reoccurs.