Copy and pasting from Evernote doesn't work into other apps?

It used to work now it doesn't? It must be bugged.

It was kind of an old note but I fixed it by going into another note that was made recently, typing a, copying and pasting that then going back to the old note and then copy and pasting now works. Fix this please.

• AntDX316 changed the title to Copy and pasting from Evernote doesn't work into other apps?
  • Level 5
13 hours ago, AntDX316 said:

It used to work now it doesn't? It must be bugged.

It was kind of an old note but I fixed it by going into another note that was made recently, typing a, copying and pasting that then going back to the old note and then copy and pasting now works. Fix this please.

Can you give more details? I just went to two of the oldest notes I have (February 2013), selected all of each of them, copied, and pasted into a document in a word processor. Only the image in it did not paste, which definitely has been a problem in Evernote for some time. All text pasted fine.

• Level 5

Images are wrapped in a sort of HTML container. 

To paste the content of the container somewhere, it needs to be unwrapped. And v10 has a history of problems with this unwrapping.

The easiest workaround is to simply drag & drop the picture on to the computers desktop screen. There the OS will handle unwrapping. From there it can be moved to the final placement. We would expect better, but up to then it’s a nuisance, not more.

It's not an image. It's just regular text. I had this issue way back but it seemed to be fixed but now the problem is back again.

Like, you want to copy and paste anything within that note even if you typed a new text like "a" then try to paste that "a" somewhere else.. if it's outside the Evernote App it won't work but if it's inside it will.

I went into a new note and then copied something and pasted to somewhere outside Evernote and it worked.

I then went back into the old note that was bugged and then it worked again.

I hope that clears up my fix.