Lots of problems with new Mac Update

Go to solution Solved by mikimaty,

• Level 5

I encountered some serious problems with the new update this morning.

Here some of my problems:

• Some notes need several minutes to load
  • Adding PDF attachments results in 'unknown attachment' and the PDF is lost
  • Renaming PDF attachments does not always work
  • Some notes cannot be edited. Dublicating the note and trashing the old one is a workaround, but then links to that note have to be re-created, annoying.
  • When clicking some links, Evernote jumps to the home-screen but not the linked note

I hope by the update the database has not been corrupted and it is just a client issue.

10.62.2-mac-ddl-public (20230919180646)

Mac Ventura 13.5.2 (22G91)

• Like 1
  • Level 5
51 minutes ago, musica209 said:

I've had all of the same issues since the update - very frustrating! 

The situation healed itself after some time. I think it was related to a change of the Evernote database which is currently under way. So be patient. I hope you will make the same experience.

I am having the same issues. Critically frustrating when trying to access info/PDFs for work. Yikes, please prioritize this fix or supply related client support solutions. If anyone knows anything I am missing, please let me know. Thank you!

I just spent the morning uninstalling and reinstalling EN, emptying trash, restarting, repeat, etc. using two different networks. 

Suddenly EN is working well and is loading laser fast! Hoping my issues have been solved. TBD.

I appreciate the efforts the EN team is making to fix so many of these basic functionality glitches. Thank you!

I have the same issues - I find that if I leave it for long enough, it will show the attachment again - but this is super variable (sometimes it never comes back).

The Evernote Web app sometimes has the updated version faster than the app version.

• Level 5*

Standard mantra - this isn't expected behaviour,  so everyone who can - please contact Support with full details and let's help them get to the bottom of this. 

Workarounds may be (in no particular order):

• Rename the attachment with a correct extension,  which will allow you to open it and check the content to apply a full rename.  Add the rename to the note as text.
  • Add file names when you attach them wherever possible
  • Extract and rename files,  then save to a cloud drive and attach the link
  • Save files to cloud drives and attach links until this gets sorted...

Disclaimer:  none of this is a defence or an excuse.  It is an acceptance of the fact that if something don't work,  it will take time to fix;  in the meantime you need a way to keep working...

EDIT: Thinking about the issue,  if the web version (which is the server) is showing the correct name when the installed app is not,  maybe a data rebuild might  might put the name back - sign out / remove data / sign back in...

• Level 5

Personally I had a soft version of the problem with 10.62.2, it seems to be solved with 10.62.3 now (didn’t have much time to try yet).

What helped me before was to open a note, wait a little to allow it to load, and then quickly open another note. When coming back, the initial note had everything up and running.

On 9/28/2023 at 6:14 PM, PinkElephant said:

Personally I had a soft version of the problem with 10.62.2, it seems to be solved with 10.62.3 now (didn’t have much time to try yet).

What helped me before was to open a note, wait a little to allow it to load, and then quickly open another note. When coming back, the initial note had everything up and running.

I think the loading of notes has sped up with whatever Evernote is doing in the background but the attachments staying as 'Untitled Attachments' remains a problem for me. Reported it to Support very early on and still nothing, unfortunately! :blush:

• Solution

I am THRILLED to report that EN has now run flawlessly for the past week. All issues that I reported have ceased. No more duplicated notes and "unnamed" attachments. Everything is now ripping fast. No lag or need to restart when retagging notes, synching among devices, etc.

I can only assume the EN team is making huge progress. My most sincere gratitude to the entire team--thank you!!!

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
  • Level 5

The problem is still not solved. Very often links don't work, especially when selecting links in notes that are opened in a new window or notes from a search result. Very often these links do not open the corresponding note but either the home screen, another note or nothing.