Evernote Search function fails to find existing notes 90% of the time

Why is that Evernote Search function cannot find notes that very clearly exist? 
Also, on thew few occasions that is DOES find the note I'm looking for, and displays it in the search dropdown menu, I am unable to click on the relevant note, and therefore cannot navigate to that note. The only way to finds it is to scroll manually through my past notes. Which is really time consuming for notes that are older than a few weeks.

Does anyone else have this issue?

My current Evernote on Mac has the following details:
10.61.5-mac-ddl-public
Editor: v176.8.0
Service: v1.72.10

How do you search? I search a LOT on tags, and each note has ~4 tags on average, I have 15k regular notes and 40+k in trash. I change a lot of tags each day. I find that MANY times search indices/syncs seem out of date and take sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes and hour or more to get in sync. Then searches work again. Is this the case, or do you search differently?  Do you search words in the body, or words in the subject?

1 hour ago, Jono Le Feuvre said:

Why is that Evernote Search function cannot find notes that very clearly exist? 
Also, on thew few occasions that is DOES find the note I'm looking for, and displays it in the search dropdown menu, I am unable to click on the relevant note, and therefore cannot navigate to that note. The only way to finds it is to scroll manually through my past notes. Which is really time consuming for notes that are older than a few weeks.

Does anyone else have this issue?

My current Evernote on Mac has the following details:
10.61.5-mac-ddl-public
Editor: v176.8.0
Service: v1.72.10

Yes I do. To make things worse today the new AI search appeared today and now when searching by the conventional method (I don't want AI and will never use it) the drop down box only shows 2 results none of which refer to a note that I know exists. So at the moment I can't do any meaningful searches. I have to use the web version now Evernote has pulled the plug on Linux. @Federico Simionato

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jono Le Feuvre said:

Also, on thew few occasions that is DOES find the note I'm looking for, and displays it in the search dropdown menu, I am unable to click on the relevant note, and therefore cannot navigate to that note.

19 minutes ago, ianfm said:

the drop down box only shows 2 results none of which refer to a note that I know exists. So at the moment I can't do any meaningful searches.

For some reason EN reduced the functionaility of the normal search when they introduced the AI search. You can no longer search for tags in the search box and a suggested list of note titles no longer appears. You can of course still press enter after your search term to get all the notes that meet your criteria. You can also still use the advanced search syntax in the search box.

An alternative is to use the "switch to" function (ctrl+Q on Windows) which still gives a list of suggested notes.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, MvdH said:

How do you search? I search a LOT on tags, and each note has ~4 tags on average, I have 15k regular notes and 40+k in trash. I change a lot of tags each day. I find that MANY times search indices/syncs seem out of date and take sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes and hour or more to get in sync. Then searches work again. Is this the case, or do you search differently?  Do you search words in the body, or words in the subject?

I search both WITH tags, and without. But mostly without, because I find that inputting any tag as a filter on search stops the system from finding ANYTHING. 
When I remove the (very relevant) tag, only then can I find the note in the dropdown options, BUT, as mentioned, EN won't navigate to that note when I click on it. 
@IanFM had the suggestion to search instead through then "Switch To" function, and this seems to work quite well. 

4 hours ago, Jono Le Feuvre said:

I search both WITH tags, and without. But mostly without, because I find that inputting any tag as a filter on search stops the system from finding ANYTHING. 
When I remove the (very relevant) tag, only then can I find the note in the dropdown options, BUT, as mentioned, EN won't navigate to that note when I click on it. 
@IanFM had the suggestion to search instead through then "Switch To" function, and this seems to work quite well. 

I don't want to take the credit for suggesting the switch to option as it wasn't me it was @Mike P. Because I use a Chromebook I can't use the desktop apps and CtrlQ switch to doesn't work on the web app. Before the AI change I often used the search to find a notebook, this is no longer possible. I can select notebooks and search that way but it's hardly productive. This is really a step back for productivity. Evernote search was very good but now IMO totally broken.

• Like 2