can’t unsync devices at this time

sunsetorz

Idea

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

What is not clear about „try again later“ ?

You are using a valuable service for Free. This means that basically you need to take it as it is. When it says later, try later.

Hints about unsyncing: Before you try an unsync, log out of your EN account on the device you want to unsync. Remember there is a cap of 2 unsyncs per 30 days. If you have used it up, try later means 30 days later.

Hi, there, Pink Elephant!   Long time evernote user (8 years+) Mostly I pay, but sometimes not.  Right now EN is too rich for my blood--  wish there was an intermediate step.   Not traveling, don't need multiple devices, so I downgraded last month, & deleted some devices--  but alas, didn't write down which devices I still allowed--  I believe it was mac & ipad.   If I understood correctly, it's 2 devices PLUS EN web?   At any rate, all devices now say I'm above the level and need to unsync devices...   as in the above person's message.   I did NOT hit unsync, because I believe I have already done that.   Now on EN web, I get the below.   I was able to log into discussion.evernote etc   but I cannot find where my currently syced devices are.   If IU can find which devices are synced, can adjust appropriately.    thnaks for your time.

image.thumb.png.9c08cf24664478179655fdead0d65542.png

aha!   well, after many a glitch, I was able to log into the app on the ipad, able to access account info.  It says my devices are:  ipad & EN web.    As I thought--  but EN web keeps telling me no, etc. as above.    Perhaps I need to delete the ap from my laptop?    but it's going to en web   (fyi, says last used 11 hours ago, apparently not counting the current attempts)...

OK, another self-solution...    for whatever reason, EN web now works on Safari but not chrome   (chrome and mac os are both current).      Well, maybe this will be useful for someone else...

• Evernote Expert
23 minutes ago, mhead110 said:

If I understood correctly, it's 2 devices PLUS EN web?

Just to clarify, the web client counts as a device.

Sometimes the easiest way to resolve things is to pay for one month. Clean up your connected devices. Always logout from all apps. Then clear the devices. Then sign back in to the two devices you want to use eg iPad and Web.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The web client counts as a device. But it only counts once, even if used on several computers or in several browsers. Since it is nearly feature complete, on Free it is a good strategy to sync the web client plus one other, maybe a mobile client. 

What will not work then is offline access. Not possible on web, paid feature on mobile.

• Like 1