I lost some parts of my notes

I use Evernote to keep notes on my daily tasks and meetings. I checked my daily tasks on Tuesday night and prepared the next day's plan, everything was fine. After some time, I wanted to check something from my note and there were some missing parts. For example, the next day's plan, the current day's completed tasks, and notes from a meeting held for 3 hours. Is there a way to solve my problem? Please help me these are crucial notes that I need access to.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sign out of Evernote and back in / restart your device / sign in via the web client at Evernote.com...  Your note will be safe on the server,  you're just having some issues seeing it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the same problem, but once it is synchronized, I suppose the server memorized the altered version of the note, so no hope...

I see that there is a history for each note, but only for professional users...

It's the second time I loose huge parts of a note (the 1st time, I could immediatly cancel any synchronization, so I could retrieve the initial note on my other device). I don't know if it is an Evernote pb, or an accidental selection of text on a digital screen (such as a smartphone) before entering additional text (it replaces the selected text).

Any solution available ?

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, kristop said:

Any solution available ?

I don't even understand what the issue is at this stage.  If you're saying you lost the content from a note that still exists,  then Note History will let you 'rewind' the note to a previous point and retrieve the content.  That history is available for all users,  but only accessible for subscribers.  If you subscribe for a month you can get the content back.  You will also have access to the Support team so they can find out why it was overwritten in the first place.

• Level 5

Could it be that the note in question got close to the note limit for the Free plan ? It‘s only 25MB, and you cab deduct some overhead for metadata and data in progress while syncing.

Once you get over this limit, weird things can happen when syncing is broken down into tiny elements (shouldn‘t, but that‘s in theory …). Before RTE, the whole note synced, and it was much easier to detect a noise size overflow.

Maybe you can check the note size (in note information).

Another limit is the 60MB for the Free plan every 30 days. It can be that the note itself was small, but in total it violated the monthly upload limit.

7 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Maybe you can check the note size (in note information).

Another limit is the 60MB for the Free plan every 30 days. It can be that the note itself was small, but in total it violated the monthly upload limit.

The note size was 38kB in 2021... 11000 caracters...  It's only text... doubtful it would go over the 25MB limit... It didn't evole much between 2021 and 2023, same type of text, no images...

This month I used 45,5kB of upload...

I have a total of 294 notes... They occupy 2,85Mo total (saved as html on my PC)...

I doubt the problem is this one...