Skitch Screen Snap stopped working after upgrading to macOS Ventura 13.5

Peeps, everything was good until i upgraded my macOS OS version.

The Privacy and Security settings have been configured to allow Screen Recording for both Skitch and Evernote. So I doubt this to be a permission issue. The Skitch screen snap icon is greyed out as shown in the attachment. 

Has anyone experienced such an issue? Is there anyone here running Skitch on macOS Ventura 13.5?

Thank you in advance.

Peace and Love 🙂 

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 7.55.51 AM.png

Edited by appc
grammar
  • Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello! 

Skitch is still hanging on for me, and I am on macOS 14 Sonoma. The trick for me was:

• Install the Mac App Store version, not the standalone version (the direct download link is for an older version, if I recall correctly).
  • If Skitch (or it's background processes) are running, quit them. The easiest way to do this is to go to the Skitch icon in the menu bar, click on it and choose "Quit Skitch" 
  • Go through the various Privacy & Security panes and remove any Skitch entries.
  • Relaunch Skitch, and you should be prompted for access to screen recording again. If it does not prompt you, attempting to take a screenshot with Skitch ought to prompt you.
  • Allow the system to record the screen, and quit & relaunch when prompted.

I hope that helps! If I can be of additional assistance, let me know.

p.s.: I took a screenshot of the About This Mac window in Skitch, it works!
image.thumb.png.87f6b6665e4258c2897799fb84fdfe80.png

• Like 1
Just now, macfixer said:

Skitch is still hanging on for me, and I am on macOS 14 Sonoma.

In my role as an Evernote Expert, I have been advocating for critical maintenance for Skitch for months. Someday they may humor me and give Skitch, Penultimate, and Scannable some love. Until then…

Hello: Skitch is crashing whenever I click on the "curved arrows" to save screenshot to Evernote. I attempted to follow Macfixer's advice (deleted Skitch, downloaded Mac App Store version, reauthorized Security & Privacy options) and it still crashes. I am running Mac OS 14.0 (23A344). Skitch is the ONLY reason that I haven't cancelled Evernote yet...

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Frank

SCR-20231001-mdbg.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I followed the recommended steps, but unfortunately, they didn't work on my computer with Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

It's quite sad to discover that Skitch is no longer functioning on Sonoma.

• Level 5

To send clips as simple to EN as it was possible with Skitch, create a folder (for example on the desktop, but it can be anywhere else). Define it as an Import Folder in EN settings. Then define it as the standard folder for Shottr.

When you clip & save, the clip will be send to the designated folder. Since it is an import folder, it will import into EN the next time the client is open on that computer.

On 10/1/2023 at 1:35 PM, FrankMcP said:

Hello: Skitch is crashing whenever I click on the "curved arrows" to save screenshot to Evernote. I attempted to follow Macfixer's advice (deleted Skitch, downloaded Mac App Store version, reauthorized Security & Privacy options) and it still crashes. I am running Mac OS 14.0 (23A344). Skitch is the ONLY reason that I haven't cancelled Evernote yet...

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Frank

SCR-20231001-mdbg.png

Hmm… for some reason I checked the box to 'follow' this thread, but apparently never got these updates.
Some stuff I should have mentioned in my above instructions (sorry!):

- There is a background process, "J8RPQ294UB.com.skitch.SkitchHelper" - you used to have to allow list this in order for Skitch to work properly. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Make sure any references to it in Privacy & Security are removed. 

- Also, earlier, when I mentioned removing all mentions of Skitch from Privacy & Security, it was so that the Mac App Store version of Skitch could prompt for the access it needs. It's going to put entries back in, and you should allow those. I apologize for any confusion.

- Since it appears to crash when you are manually syncing, log out and then back in — this may be an issue with an authentication token.

- Finally, since you are a paying customer (you are a paying customer, right?), you are entitled to support. Reach out and let them help. Be prepared for a delay.