Windows Desktop app constantly syncs

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

My Windows desktop app keeps (since maybe a week now) refreshing/syncing, so I can not use it until (sometimes) when I have turned it off several times. Video attached.
Other examples what doesn´t work while the sync cycle is going on:
I can write the headline of a new note, suddently sync starts and note is blank again. Copy-paste a text, a sync comes and no text added.

Evernote syncs every 5-6 sec, and it does so continuously.

Any ideas on how to solve this? It seriously interfers with my daily usage.

• Level 5
  • Solution

Probably some data got stuck, and the app tries to resolve this by syncing again and again.

This can usually be healed by this:

Log out. Use Revo Uninstaller to install all parts of EN from the PC (you get Revo from the internet, it‘s free). Then restart the PC. Reinstall EN from the EN website. Open it, log in. Now you have a fresh install, without residue. You can use it right away, it just may be a little slow with attachments, because it needs to download them.

Leave the app open in the background while it is downloading your notes to the local copy.

• Thanks 2
  • 7 months later...

Hey Pink Elephant, if I had this issue start at precisely the same time on both iPad and iOS, doesn’t it seem super unlikely that all it needs is a reinstall? It’s nearly obvious that it is a bug that started upon a software update, if independent iOS devices broke exactly the same time.

Now if this is a known bug, and the workaround is a reinstall, I would accept that. But I do not accept a “let’s take a wild guess” reinstall when the data points to a bug (known or unknown).

• Evernote Expert

I think that this was originally a Windows desktop issue 7 months ago when the reinstall option was likely a good call. I'm not sure your circumstances would lead to the same conclusion as you also surmise.

Try the iOS threads and see if any other users there have a similar experience.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, Doug1234 said:

Hey Pink Elephant, if I had this issue start at precisely the same time on both iPad and iOS, doesn’t it seem super unlikely that all it needs is a reinstall? It’s nearly obvious that it is a bug that started upon a software update, if independent iOS devices broke exactly the same time.

You can’t have „exactly the same issue“, because this one was on Windows, and you claim it for iOS. Since we are in the Windows subforum, and you have a different issue (even if it looks alike on the surface), you better open a new thread in the iOS subforum. Start with describing the problem, and give information about your iOS and EN app versions.

We can then proceed from there.