Hi there,

Since last update, passcode option to lock the Android app doesn't appear.

I cannot lock the app anymore.

Passcode option in no longer in setting list...

How do we do to (re)activate the security feature?

Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

With one of the next releases. Check on the release notes.

P.S. Just out of curiosity: Why do you need it ? Any mobile device is usually protected by a solid access protection. Or do you habitually unlock your phone and hand it to untrustworthy people who have nothing better to do than opening the EN app to watch your content ?

The additional security by the passcode is IMHO just an illusion - if the device is properly protected.

• Like 1
hace 3 horas, PinkElephant dijo:

With one of the next releases. Check on the release notes.

P.S. Just out of curiosity: Why do you need it ? Any mobile device is usually protected by a solid access protection. Or do you habitually unlock your phone and hand it to untrustworthy people who have nothing better to do than opening the EN app to watch your content ?

The additional security by the passcode is IMHO just an illusion - if the device is properly protected.

Even having a solid protection in the phone, there're sometimes you (if are a parent) hand the phone to your child to play games, etc.

There should be more situations similar to that

I'd not like that child to touch/see and accidentally ***** up EN's data in some way, so I think the passcode/biometrics is an awesome solution that I'd not like to see  permanently removed from its features

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert
3 hours ago, Smug1to said:

My Android s doing the same, uninstalled a few times but still no security returned as an option on the app

Please read the posts earlier in the thread.

11 hours ago, agsteele said:

It is temporarily disabled due to a bug in the app. It will be resumed shortly.

In the meantime Log Out of the app and use that level of security.

Thanks Mate,

Hopefully it won't take long.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 8:01 AM, agsteele said:

It is temporarily disabled due to a bug in the app. It will be resumed shortly.

In the meantime Log Out of the app and use that level of security.

Good morning,

Its now been many weeks since the losing the use of the passcode option to lock the Android. Do you have any news when this might be resolved?

I am currently running on version 10.52.2 and there's nowhere in my settings menu to even try to add a passcode 

• Like 1

Good morning, I haven't found a way on the app or on the web to upgrade to the 10.53.1 version so that I can enable the passcode lock. My evernote still shows that I'm in 10.52.2 version and still don't have the passcode option.

For what it's worth, I've been a loyal evernote subscriber for 11 years and don't want to move over to a new platform.