The share menu to evernote on mac does not work

• Level 5

We are here not talking about sharing from EN - we are talking about sharing from everywhere INTO EN.

Sharing on a Mac is more or less what "Open with ..." is on Windows, just that the sharing dialogue has a dialogue box that allows to add some text to the new note before sending it into EN. At least that used to be the case, but it broke some weeks ago. Support had the usual bunch of ideas (update, uninstall, etc.), but up to today, I couldn't fix it. BTW it broke on 2 Macs, one powered by Intel, the other by Apple Silicon. The common denominator is the latest macOS, and a fully updated EN client, direct install.

The workaround is to drop the file into an Import Folder. The difference is more clicks, and no option to add some text right before creating the new note.

The box looks like this (the picture was selected, and a text entered) , and after clicking on OK, exactly nothing happens:

image.thumb.png.a801352bf223b5478c43c9b80da84354.png

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 8/20/2023 at 9:30 AM, Thomas F said:

Same problem here, is there any fix for this or what is the problem?

Details please - device / OS / Evernote version,  and what exactly are you trying to do / how is that failing?

For my part, I am getting a little tired of these gentlemen from Evernote, it seems that they do not want to pay attention to the comments of the users, since they have not added anything in the last year, the issue of the calendar with Outlook has been going on for more than two years Waiting, each time they remove tools or functionalities like the one I discussed in this topic stop working and they don't solve them and they add things like the AI issue that they intend to charge separately, on top of the fact that the subscription is crazy and through the roof.
It gives me that in the end I will adapt very much to my regret to ONENOTE or UPNOTE, the latter, if it is listening to its clients and does not stop adding new tools, in addition to a fairer price, but with evernote they have been promising since 2021 , promising and I do not see news, I do not see anything at all and already, my patience reaches a limit, especially if the only thing you see that matters to the company is squeezing users to get more money from them.
I hope this serves as a turning point, for some Evernote executive to stop playing with graphics in Excel and start reading the forum more.

I use the latest version, since it is updated on all devices, macos mac m1, iphone, ipad pro 12.9, windows 11, samsung android tablet. In all the same problem the same from the web.

On 28/8/2023 at 12:04, gazumped dijo:

Entonces, ¿qué versión de Evernote estás usando?

• Level 5

I did an uninstall meanwhile, erasing my Mac install and starting it all over.

Everything works - except the sharing function. It remains broken, as described above.

My personal workaround: Save the content into an Import Folder. It is grabbed and saved in a new note, just as sharing would do.

• 3 weeks later...

Running this version.  Same issue for me.  I tried to share a note from Notes to Evernote - nothing.  I tried to share a note from Day One to Evernote - nothing

10.61.10-mac-ddl-public (20230912133353)
Editor: v176.8.0
Service: v1.72.12
© 2019 - 2023 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

Running Ventura 13.5.2 on M1 iMac

Note - if I share my note on my iPhone (IOS 17) to Evernote, it works.

Mark

Edited by ATHiker95
added info
  • Level 5

They advised to completely remove the client, purge the database etc. Same procedure as every year …

I did it some time later, reloaded everything, done, fine, working - except sharing, it’s still broken.

Currently I am working in another place, weak internet, so I don’t plan to repeat the procedure any time soon

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, Gawrobryk said:

No. It has NOT been fixed.

Have you logged out and back in?  Powered your device off and on again?  Try Evernote.com for any recent latest versions,  and if things still don't work for you,  contact Support - but be prepared for a wait...

• Level 5

My result is mixed:

- On my MacBook Pro 15“ / Intel the sharing via share menu into EN doesn’t work since a while. This has survived several app updates, a full reinstall and the update from Ventura to Sonoma. It just opens the share box, allows to enter a text and then does nothing when clicking OK. Only Cancel is a way out, which stops the sharing.

- On my new MacBook Pro 14“ / M2 the sharing works.

My conclusions:

- This is likely more a MacOS problem than an EN problem. The box that opens for sharing still belongs to MacOS - it opens even when the EN app is closed.

- Using an Import Folder is an adequate solution for most occasions when I would otherwise use the sharing option. Other alternatives are to copy & paste (everything that’s not a file) or send as email (mail attachments, for example).

And I still have no idea how to revive the sharing on my older MBP 🤷

PinkElephant writes: - This is likely more a MacOS problem than an EN problem. The box that opens for sharing still belongs to MacOS

I disagree. It works with other software both Apple and third party.

Anyway, thank you for your response.🙂

• Level 5

Why does it work for me on one Mac, and it doesn't on the other (both updated to the lastest Sonoma and EN version) ?

Why did the sharing problem survive on the Mac where it doesn't work even a full reinstall, using AppCleaner to purge the old installation ? Usually one should think that after the restart and the fresh install, it should behave as a virgin setup.

Frankly - I will not erase my existing install again just to find out. Maybe you try and report here.