Can’t stop sync on ipad

I inadvertently clicked the arrow to download my largest notebook on my ipad (close to 12,000 notes) I can’t stop the sync but it is not actually syncing..just the arrow with the green dotted circle around it showing on all 12,000 notes. I’ve tried (several times) to toggle off the offline availability but it wont toggle off. I got a popup about keeping or clearing the info on my ipad. I tried both choices but the offline notebook toggle remains on and the pending download symbol remains on all the notes. I also cannot open any of my notes on the device but i can on my phone and other ipad.

should i uninstall and then reinstall the EN app? It is my understanding that it will not effect the notes on the evernote server or on my iphone or other ipad if i delete the app and then reinstall. I don’t use the desktop version at this time and only rarely use the web version. 

• Level 5

Not sure about this app version, but on the older versions the toggle to stop the download had a strange behavior: 

When toggled from on to off, it sticked briefly on OFF, and then toggled itself to ON again.

And now - patience, young padwan !

After a wait of several seconds (up to a minute, and maybe longer for 12k notes) it returned to OFF, switching itself back to what the user wanted.

• Like 1

Thank you for your response. I had actually submitted the issue to support before I found the Evernote board and posted there. Support answered me about a day and a half later, requesting that I try the toggle again but accessing it differently. Did not work. They emailed me back and told me to delete the app and reinstall and to let them know if I had more issues. I did delete it but have not reinstalled. Even if I don’t keep any notes offline on my device, it takes forever to download the titles/tags (I am an extensive tagger) and note snippets. I know this from adding it to new devices over the years. I was very pleased with their quick response. I have Evernote on my phone and another iPad. Have not used the windows desktop version for about a year (when we replaced our computer) I am glad to have found this board though.

• Level 5

Actually the initial download should be reasonably fast, given a solid internet connection. While it is not yet finished, the app pulls all information from the server directly.

What takes time is the full offline download, because the attachments really carry the main data volume.

4 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Can you force quit the app?  If not,  then yes - uninstalling it should stop the operation without affecting your account.

I did try to force quit. Restarted a time or two and downloaded the latest iOS update. Didn’t seem to help. I did uninstall. Thank you for your reply.

• Like 1