My transfer from Evernote

I was very disappointed with the sudden price hike and being notified 1 month before renewal.  I liked Evernote overall alot and made due with some deficiencies it has but it sounds like it's becoming a cash cow or too expensive for for my tastes.  I went back and forth as I struggled finding a simple replacement.  Here we are a few days later and I found a solution that I'm satisfied with and committed to moving to

Projects: TickTick (Great improvement for milestones/tasks but not quite as good for linking to resources/notes)
Tasks: TickTick (Huge improvement over Evernote/Google Tasks implementation I had)
Habits/Routines: TickTick (Was using HabitNow and RoutineFlow but this integrated system will be a nice improvement)

Archives: Samsung Notes (Better folder interface but not quite as good for searching)
Notebook: Samsung notes (MUCH better handwriting interface but not quite as good for formatted text)
Planner: Samsung Notes with Momentum Planner PDFs (This will be an improvement)

NOTE: Samsung Notes may not be the best for many but I've got the fold 4 phone, tab s8 tablet, and Galaxy Book 2 pro so I can access it on my devices.

Biggest downsides that I can live with (not as good search and not as good web clipper).  

Biggest upsides (better sync, usable handwriting on android, $28 per year, better project/task system)

Now time to move things over

I'm using 2 apps whereas I used 4 before

25 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Good if it works for you.

Other users found it pretty bad over time to have things spread over different apps. But that's maybe the price for not paying a price.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Cangelo said:

NOTE: Samsung Notes may not be the best for many

Does Samsung Notes allow for reasonable export options in case you decide to change in the future?

It exports to

• Samsung Notes file
  • PDF file
  • Microsoft Word file
  • Microsoft PowerPoint file
  • Image file
  • Text file

I don't know that there is an easy way to export directory/folders

• Level 5*

You might want to try some test exports to see how it handles things like notebooks, tags and attachments.  I'm not trying to change your mind, just make sure you don't get locked into something you may have trouble moving from in the future.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
13 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Other users found it pretty bad over time to have things spread over different apps.

Agreed; I keep all my data in a a single location (notes/documents/files)    
Evernote Legacy worked well; I'm now using Devonthink (Apple)

For enhanced views of my data, I use spreadsheets (Apple Numbers)    
Examples; budget/expense reports, task list in a gantt calendar view

I use scripts (Applescript) for automated workflows

• Like 1