Copying audio file between notes makes it unusable

I uploaded audio file from my android to new note and i can access the file and listen to it in through Evernote.

Later I tried to copy file to different note but then the file became unusable. Meaning I cannot play audio in Evernote. Even the icon changed.

Tried copy paste, tried drag and drop.

This is before

image.png.f3ab6514385c2f68e317c5dc2b15144e.png

This is after

image.png.08f2bc3c9b90470b06370e2b0f8c5174.png

Tried to download file to pc and reupload to note. Getting the second result: The file can be played in app outside EN and not by EN itself. 

Clicked on the file in EN on Android (the second version), Android opened audio app with more controls than EN. Maybe its for the better?

• Level 5

It is known that the different apps save audio using different formats. It is further well documented that the formats saved on one platform will not always play on another platform. And we had a bug recently that merging notes made attachments unusable. No idea which part contributed to your current problems. Here is some reading about the handling of audio recordings:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314418

IMG_0141.thumb.jpeg.c8b84d9b21ae58a01229d725c2f7c5c5.jpeg

Clarification: Audio file in question was made using Samsung S22. Its a m4a format. 

So now I have two notes: on with usable audio and another with unusable audio (usability: listening with EN and not outside app).

10 hours ago, Mishkafofer said:

I uploaded audio file from my android to new note and i can access the file and listen to it in through Evernote.

Later I tried to copy file to different note but then the file became unusable. Meaning I cannot play audio in Evernote. Even the icon changed.

Tried copy paste, tried drag and drop.

This is before

image.png.f3ab6514385c2f68e317c5dc2b15144e.png

This is after

image.png.08f2bc3c9b90470b06370e2b0f8c5174.png

This sounds like a known bug I also encountered in Evernote 10.58.x which (for me, on Windows) got solved in 10.58.8 which you can download from the website.  The bug is attachments losing usability when copy-pasting or merging. I see the icon change above, which is exactly what I encoutered.

I am correcting my stament. The file is usable. BUT:

The file is opened outside EN. This is not necessary a bad thing. Player on PC or Android got better controls. 

But I got two concerns:

1. Does Opening file on PC or Android downloads it to the device and then it stays there? (some kind of cache, or temp folder).

2. The behavior cannot be controlled from EN.