Evernote annual renewal: “gotcha’s!” incl offering “Web Client” w/o stating: it counts as a new device!

Annual “Evernote” update was June 23, 2023. Every year the system glitches for a few days. BUT this year, they added unannounced “new restrictions” such as:

1.) Now can only choose up to 50 Notes for backup. Have to divide the backup into 2 parts now.

2.) Sneaky: asks if you want to add “Web Client,” BUT doesn’t tell you “Web Client” counts as an extra device! AND suddenly your Free acct is over limit! ONLY WAY to truly take “Web” off again is on your “Personal Settings” Page: scroll down to “Web Client” and unclick it!

They’re trying to get you to accept a “paid” account in desperation… as our economy gets worse. Not cool EverNote! :(

• LisaHA changed the title to EasyNote to Evernote annual renewal: “gotcha’s!” incl offering “Web Client” w/o stating: it counts as a new device!
  • Evernote Expert

I'm not sure what EasyNote is or how it is linked to Evernote.

In general, third party applications are restricted to the features of the Evernote API buit can, of course, add additional limitations.

The Evernote limitations on Free accounts have, for sometime, been restricted to two 'devices'. 'Devices' actually means applications.  So a third-party app such as EasyNote will count as a device as will all the apps used directly with Evernote.  In this case, the limitation is from Evernote rather than EasyNote.  But this is not new and has been fully declared since the limit was dropped to two 'devices' more than two years ago.

• Like 1

No, Easynote is not a “third party” app. That name comes up in the Subject as Evernote informs you it’s time to re-link your acct. ANote is the app name. It’s all the same app, same artwork on the app.

• LisaHA changed the title to Evernote annual renewal: “gotcha’s!” incl offering “Web Client” w/o stating: it counts as a new device!

I changed the title to EverNote now, so there’s no confusion. The problem is: EverNote’s offer of “Web Client” w/o stating that adding it counts as an “extra device,” putting your free acct over limit :) (Irrelevant to this glitch: what EasyNote is or is not.)

Thank you - didn’t know about Web Client until 3 days ago, when it was prominently offered to me, w/o stating that it counts as an added device. Might want to add a disclaimer for free customers? :)

• Level 5
3 hours ago, LisaHA said:

Thank you - didn’t know about Web Client until 3 days ago, when it was prominently offered to me, w/o stating that it counts as an added device. Might want to add a disclaimer for free customers? :)

I would call this clear enough:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068-Understanding-the-device-limit

F3FE1B4F-00C7-4903-A0F8-886ED5F7F9E1.thumb.jpeg.05f7ce46abe3ac2abb1023358db0b249.jpeg