Import Notes from Enex files

Rafael Oliveira

Idea

I would really like the Web version to have the functionality to import notes. I have some recurring notes that I usually import from an Enex file every beginning of the month, but since I migrated to Linux, this task has become much more difficult since I cannot import them through the web client and there are no clients for my operating system.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  There is actually a Beta Linux app,  but you'd have to apply to the beta programme to eventually download it.  See Evernote for Linux for more.

Meantime your options would be either to set up your notes as templates via the Evernote system,  or to create a 'template' notebook containing blank versions of your notes from which you could copy or create duplicates as necessary.

Use templates

Yes, I have installed the Linux beta on another computer in the past, but I couldn't access the installer again.

As for using templates, I used to have notes with specific tags and duplicate them, but the app changes made it more cumbersome to duplicate multiple notes at once, and even then I had to make several edits afterwards.

With Enex, I can simply replace the keywords according to the month and even the task dates present in the notes.

3 hours ago, Rafael Oliveira said:

I would really like the Web version to have the functionality to import notes.

I just dragged an (extremely simple) enex file into the note list of the web version and it created the note! Note that the text at the bottom of the screen shot says "Drop an enex file to import a note" so it obviously is supported. Not sure you can export from the web version though.

image.thumb.png.ab0e1f4a937faafe69eea5de9a5a5dda.png

• Thanks 1
18 minutos atrás, Mike P disse:

I just dragged an (extremely simple) enex file into the note list of the web version and it created the note!

Wow, I had never tried that before. It worked perfectly and it was exactly what I needed.

Thank you very much!

• Like 1