Keyboard shortcuts / hotkeys (Ctrl+Alt+S and Ctrl+Alt+N) prevent some Europeans from using the program

Pressing Ctrl+Alt is the same as pressing AltGr (the right Alt).

The Polish language requires pressing AltGr+S to write "ś" and AltGr+N to write "ń". When the Evernote app is open, this results in capturing a screen region and creating a new notebook, respectively.

Only subscribers can change those shortcuts, so free users who type in Polish can't use the app at all.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Please feed this back to Evernote on the link in many apps,  or raise a support ticket - staff do read these pages,  but most of us here are other users. It's unknown when you message would get back to Evernote.

• Level 5
On 6/18/2023 at 2:07 PM, Krzeszny said:

Pressing Ctrl+Alt is the same as pressing AltGr (the right Alt).

The Polish language requires pressing AltGr+S to write "ś" and AltGr+N to write "ń". When the Evernote app is open, this results in capturing a screen region and creating a new notebook, respectively.

Only subscribers can change those shortcuts, so free users who type in Polish can't use the app at all.

You can contact support as a Free user through this link:

Not sure they will do anything about it - it was a conscious decision to only grant paying users access to some features. If they took the impact on some country setups into account I don't know. But keyboard shortcuts are a comfort feature, not essential to use the app. So it may be they didn't see this added comfort with modifying all editable shortcuts as something Free users should get, without contributing.

"Only subscribers can change those shortcuts, so free users who type in Polish can't use the app at all."
Not really true. Paying subscription does not help.  I'm paying for subscription (Evernote Plus) and I can change only one shortcut (Desktop 10.58.5). AltGr+S  or AltGr+N. To change/disable the second one, ask me to pay additional 10 dollars. There is no option to block shortcuts globally. I cannot really work on the computer with installed Evernote.
It's not fair that despite paying subscription, I have to pay extra to disable a feature that I never needed and that doesn't allow me to use my computer normally with one of the standard Windows build in keyboards (this is the most common keyboard for Polish language, used by millions of users).

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Pawel_ZH said:

Evernote Plus

This app is no longer supported.  If you're now subscribing to personal or professional please do raise your issues with Evernote Support.

10 hours ago, gazumped said:

This app is no longer supported.  If you're now subscribing to personal or professional please do raise your issues with Evernote Support.

?

Evernote Plus is a subscription level — not an App. And it is still supported as they still take payments for it for those that are grandfathered in — last I heard anyway, you just can’t sign up for it anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Several keyboard shortcuts require a Personal (or better) subscription to allow editing. Plus and old Premium are treated the same as Free in this respect.

Since this are global shortcuts, they change them for the whole computer, not only for the EN app. I think they should be made editable for all users.

I have send my opinion together with this thread to EN staff for checking their possibilities.

• Like 1