Strategies to cancelling Premium subscriptions and move to OneNote?

Hi Everyone, 

I've been a Premium subscriber, and Evernote "evangalist" for a long time now. 

Considering Evernote removed basic functionality...

1). copy/paste from Evernote into Word, images no longer carry over into Word 

2). Export to HTML, images in Evernote no longer get exported 

3). Export to PDF, images in Evernote no longer get exported 

...I need to move away from Evernote as fast as possible. 

What strategies have other Evernote-subscribers employed to move away from Evernote into OneNote, etc. - how did you get your content out of Evernote? 

I'm thinking I'll canx my Premium subscription, keep Evernote around for my old stuff I may need and start fresh with OneNote, etc. It's just going to be tough when I need to go back and share old stuff out. 

Just wanted to see if the community had better ideas. 

Thanks! 

On Mac, Evernote 10.58.3...

1. I see the same image issue (on some images) where I get a small box but no image.  I can move the image by selecting it in Evernote and then paste it into Word.

2. I am able to export to HTML with the images preserved.

3. I am able to export to PDF with the images preserved.

I tried 3 or 4 notes; there may be some that will work differently than the above.

---

Moving may (will) take a lot of work, and images may be a challenge in the new system.  I found Obsidian to sometime be challenging as I moved notes around between folders.  Since the images are in separate files, they can sometimes become "unlinked" to the note -- they are clever at trying to avoid this, but I hit that wall several times.

Good luck!

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Jay T Cold said:

I've been a Premium subscriber, and Evernote "evangalist" for a long time now. 

Have you raised any of this stuff with Support?  Most of it shouldn't be an issue.

7 hours ago, Jay T Cold said:

Just wanted to see if the community had better ideas. 

If I left Evernote,  I wouldn't be hanging around the Evernote Forums waiting to advise others how to jump ship... unless I got something out of it.  Maybe decide where you want to move and checkout their forums?

• Level 5

@Jay T Cold, are you actually experiencing those issues yourself? In your other post, you said you had guessed them from reading through other people's posts:

So you're leaving Evernote and going through the pain of starting over with OneNote on the basis of what you guess other people are experiencing?