I think there are too many bugs!

I was bringing my notes from the app I've been using until recently when I realized that some notes weren't saved to evernote, so I lost the data.

Furthermore, the search by tag and keyword does not work.

All this on FIrefox.

I hope there will be some fixes because evernote features are unique and I would love to use it for every day.

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Can you give some more details? How were you bringing the notes from the other app into Evernote? Also, search by tag and keyword is working in general, so if you could describe how it's failing in your case we (other users here, not Evernote support staff) might have some suggestions.

Hi, thanks for the welcome!
In fact I was too vague, but mine was more a way to exorcise the sorrow for having lost important data, in short, I needed to let off steam.

I was cutting/pasting notes from Keep to Evernote, and then making the necessary adjustments, on many notes it was almost fine, but 2 or 3 notes disappeared.
In reality, the notes were present in the new notes notebook, but they did not contain the data that I had written.

This happened after switching pages, so:

1. I cut/pasted notes from Keep to Evernote;
  2. I changed page, leaving Evernote;
  3. When I re-entered Evernote the notes were empty;

I assume that for some reason there was no autosave.

The other issue (not being able to search by tag) was resolved by downgrading to the previous version of Evernote and then upgrading again to the new version.

However, I continued to take the notes to Evernote, but this time I copied them to G. Drive first, so I'm safe, however, after downgrading and then upgrading the Evernote software, it seems to have resolved all the problems greater.

Now there's just a little annoyance, when in tag names there is a comma ',' it is transformed into a dash '-'.

If all goes well I think I'll at least upgrade to the 'personal' plan, after all, I think the Evernote guys deserve my money.

Hello and thanks again for the welcome!

• Thanks 1
  • Evernote Expert
2 hours ago, Cane Randagio said:

Now there's just a little annoyance, when in tag names there is a comma ',' it is transformed into a dash '-'

Thanks for your update. Venting can, sometimes, be good for our own souls even if it isn't so great for our neighbours 🥴

I'm not surprised that commas don't translate within tags. They are a delimiter between fields so unlikely to transfer well.

On 6/1/2023 at 10:44 AM, agsteele said:

Thanks for your update. Venting can, sometimes, be good for our own souls even if it isn't so great for our neighbours 🥴

I'm not surprised that commas don't translate within tags. They are a delimiter between fields so unlikely to transfer well.

True, forgive me if I have been inappropriate and have made non-constructive criticisms.
How ugly the dash instead of the comma! LoL

23 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Thanks, @Cane Randagio, I'm glad things have worked out.

Damn! It happened again and the solution I did earlier no longer works.

I have a tag with 5 notes but when I click on the tag, in the tags list, it only shows me one note out of the 5.
I tried to downgrade the version and in the previous version it shows me all 5 notes, then I reloaded the new version but the magic didn't happen again.

Firefox for Ubuntu

I also looked for other reports on the forum but they are all old, even from 2022, I wonder why it only happens to me.