Sync STILL sucks - doesn't work!! :-/

I receive a number of Evernote updates as we all do.  The updates come with update notes that say they've "fixed the bugs, changed the oil", etc..

HOWEVER, Sync across multiple devices STILL does not work.  Recent changes to Sync have caused SLOW note loading.

At present, I am looking at a specific note on EN for Windows vs. EN for IOS. A recent edit of this note on my MAC shows the older version on Windows and the correct version on iOS.  I cannot for the life of me get them to agree.  If I fuss with it, I will end up with two notes (collisions).  Sometimes this scenario does not fix itself and I end up having to delete the note from multiple devices and then re-add it.  I can live with "once in a blue moon", BUT, this happens ALL THE TIME.

I am more than willing to provide details IF EN would actually listen, or if they showed interest in their users and getting to the bottom of the ONGOING issue.

Super frustrated!!  WTH??

I get the message you refer to and I also get the message that says something about temporarily pausing sync while trying to reconnect.  

Syncing has been a perennial EN problem for several years.  EN wants us all on the web version, which I am,  but EN doesn't have the technology to support it.  In my opinion, the syncing problem should be JOB 1 at EN and new features are JOB 3 or 4.  I've been using EN for 13 years.  Early on, it was great.  Unfortunately. for the past 3 - 4 years, I have unfrequently lost notes, and I have had more copies of various notes than I can remember.  All this is part of the sync problem and EN needs to get on the stick and fix it.

I'm a new EN user, only a week or two and I am having terrible experience with Windows client (I'm on Windows 11), everything is updated, including EN - I'm paying for EN Personal and I already have notes missing and this is bad because I'm using EN for my research for a PH.D. - I HAVE NO TIME FOR GAMES LIKE THIS. I've been on with chat support twice now and even had a ticket escalated the other day but heard nothing back yet. The web seems to work, but I'd really prefer to work offline when needed and this sync is I agree should be PRIORITY #1. I don't know why they don't serious work on this? There does not seem to be any solutions.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, King David said:

I'm a new EN user, only a week or two and I am having terrible experience with Windows client (I'm on Windows 11), everything is updated, including EN - I'm paying for EN Personal and I already have notes missing and this is bad because I'm using EN for my research for a PH.D. - I HAVE NO TIME FOR GAMES LIKE THIS. I've been on with chat support twice now and even had a ticket escalated the other day but heard nothing back yet. The web seems to work, but I'd really prefer to work offline when needed and this sync is I agree should be PRIORITY #1. I don't know why they don't serious work on this? There does not seem to be any solutions.

You seem to have been busy in your 'week or two' Your Highness having multiple chat conversations and a ticket escalation...  Despite the comments above,  I don't believe Evernote has any ambition to promote the web version over all others,  and it should be quite easy to work offline with a laptop.  It does take a little while someimes to work out why specific issues affect some users,  so a week or two is not an unreasonable timeframe.  If you want to safeguard your research in the meantime,  it's good IT practice to keep backups,  and you could also work in a locally installed (or cloud) word processor and attach document files to your Evernote account - effectively keeping a local working copy elsewhere.

Back up and restore your data in Evernote for Windows

Attach Google Drive files to notes