Using windows 8.1 64 bit. Had evernote application downloaded and mounted to taskbar. has always worked flawlessly. This morning it tries to open but nothing happens and the processes just dissapear. tried rebooting, reinstalling etc nothing working. any help appreciated TIA

Exact same thing is happening to me after I agreed to install the latest version. Full reboot hasn't resolved. Simply won't open. Uninstalled & then reinstalled, but no change. Flat out will not open. Does briefly appear in Task Manager.

• Level 5

The subforum is called Evernote for iOS issues version 8.xxx and under.

The posts here are reading „Using Windows 8.1 64bit“ and „I have the same problem“.

Hey guys, find the mistake ! Because nobody is going to find this thread again, at least no Windows user.

About your problems: We know from other threads that v10 is not executing any more on Windows 7. It may be EN v10 is not executing any more on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows 98, Windows 95 and Windows 3.1 as well.

Nothing of this should be a surprise, because in the system requirements of v10 it says „Windows 10 and up“. So maybe it worked until now, but nobody said it will continue to do so, and maybe it just stopped with the latest update.

Maybe it will open again if you download EN v10 10.57.8 from the EN website. So check your version, and give it a try. I don’t know, I don‘t run outdated, deprecated operating systems, just for the fun of it. All Windows versions below Windows 10 are deprecated and explicitly unsafe for use on any connected computer.

From any computer running Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 you can upgrade to Windows 10. None of them allows to upgrade to Windows 11, officially. If I needed an old Windows version still, I would go to Windows 10, and then install a Virtual Machine and inside of it my Windows 7/8/8.1 . That’s the only way you can restrict the dangers of using this outdated stuff in a modern threat scenario. Make snapshots, and when you feel your installation may be compromised, erase it, and start it fresh from the latest snapshot. With this setup, you can install and run EN v10 on the main machine, on Win10.