Ask fo help of unknown access to my note in evernote

Dear all,

I need urgent help from someone.
Today i got a email from evernote and said that another IP accessed my evernote account, And i check my account immediately and find that there are 2 IP which accessed my note.

en-w32-old
2023/5/14
(Abbottabad, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan)
en-w32-old
2023/5/14
(Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia)

That 2 IP were not by me. and as i checked my divice which could access my account an there are no unknown divices.
Can you please tell me hwo that 2 IP could access my IP?
I have very important note in my evernote account, now i deleted my all notes, but still that 2 IP could already copied my all Note.

What is en-w32-old? how could tehy access my note? So now my all note could already read/copied by them?
How shall i do now?
Please help me!

• Level 5*

Hi.  This forum is mainly supported by other users like me.  Your email should have included some suggestions to improve your security,  like those here -

What to do if you suspect unauthorized access to your Evernote account

If you still have concerns you should contact support.  Subscribers can raise queries here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new and all users here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps (or via the feedback option where it is available). 

• Level 5

En-w32-old is probably the old legacy Windows client, which is 32bit software.

But maybe then it is not, and the access type was cloaked, as were the IPs. It is common practice to use a VPN to hide the own IP from the logs.

What you need to do is to change your password and enable 2FA immediately.

EN is not build to store highly sensitive information. For this use there are other apps. As an alternative you could create an encrypted container (like an encrypted ZIP or TAR file), and store it in a note. In especial passwords or crypto wallets must never be stored in EN.

32 分鐘前, PinkElephant說:

En-w32-old is probably the old legacy Windows client, which is 32bit software.

But maybe then it is not, and the access type was cloaked, as were the IPs. It is common practice to use a VPN to hide the own IP from the logs.

What you need to do is to change your password and enable 2FA immediately.

EN is not build to store highly sensitive information. For this use there are other apps. As an alternative you could create an encrypted container (like an encrypted ZIP or TAR file), and store it in a note. In especial passwords or crypto wallets must never be stored in EN.

Hi PinkELephant,

Thanks so much for your help!I knew that i should not save important credential in EN, but it happened.

do you think that my PC or some devices already had virus or something like that? I already changed my all password which noted in EN, but could not cover everthing.

I'd like to know if my PC is safe because i have important data in my PC. Can you suggest me a good anti-virus app?

How can i check if my PC or browser already got virus? i already scanned my PC thru TotalAV

Thanks a lot!

• Level 5

The approach to the EN account happens at the server. Nobody can reach your PC from there.

The only possible (but highly unlikely) threat vector would be to nest malware into a note. If and when you actively open the attachment , an infection could start. So don’t choose „Open“ on any attachment that looks weird, like an EXE, BAT, ZIP or TAR file.

About important data: Always make sure you have an independent, protected backup. Either locally on a separate storage, or in a cloud location. Then you don’t need to worry, because even in the worst of all cases, you could wipe the whole PC, and restore from the backup.

Hi PinkElefant,

Actually I always very careful to open any attachments in the email. Just one time I remembered that i clicked on a fishing page to connect my wallet and I noticed too late. I trust EN too much so I saved too much personal data like credential, bank info on EN. And I wondered why there are no any unknown devices which tried to login my EN account,but directly access my notes in EN. So even i already set Google authenticator, it could not work. It is horrible, it means that my email could also be get accessed without login? That I could not understand. And I remembered that as I got alert email from EN(unknown access to my notes), I did not working on my PC and my PC is off. But I also login my EN account on my phone. Could it be that the virus is on my phone? 

thanks!