I've seen that message a few times now over the last week on my daily driver (where Evernote is open and visible all day). For me it appeared for a few seconds and then went away.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting this constantly on my 3 machines here at the office.

I have monitoring of my LAN and internet connection from the outside as well and see no blips on my end.

When will these issues be fixed they are indeed very frustrating to walk to another computer and find that it still hasn't synced.

Also when dealing with Business customers I think it would be prudent to give them 90 days notice of any price increases that may have a financial impact.

I'm on 10.57.5 and I've been getting the same issue in the past 3 days. Sometimes it syncs with no issues but sometimes it just pauses until the whole evening and I lose the sync between my devices when this happens. I've been a Personal account user for the past 3 years and I'm really considering migrating to another app if a paid subscription does not provide me with the stability and confidence to host my notes on the Cloud.

Screenshot 2023-05-21 110340.jpg

• Level 5

Anything special with your internet connection while this happens ? On which sort of connection are you ?

Network connected by landline to the internet provider, no VPN in between, computer connected by cable to the router ? Or anything different from this best case connection ?

Since RTE tries to sync everything in both directions in quasi real time, I think* that probably even smaller fluctuations in the internet quality can lead to such a message.

(*) Speculation, since I don’t get such a message.

• Level 5

If you run a speed test, observe the values for Ping, Jitter and Package Loss, beside the down- and upload speed.

Hotel WiFi often sucks, either by reducing the bandwidth per connected device, or in peak times by not having enough bandwidth for all connected services on the main connection to the web. To reduce the number of access points, they sometimes only offer 2.4GHz. It carries farther, but has less bandwidth.

If I experience a shaky web connection, I tend to go offline and do my edits. Then I stop editing, go online and let it sync.

For the Mac there is the app TripMode. It allows to control per app if it is allowed to go online or not. Good tool, if you have a weak internet and want for example all bandwidth for an important Zoom call.

I am on a home network using broadband but what I have done now in order to resolve this issue is to reduce my note size by copying it into a new note. The previous note size was only about 100Kb but I've never had issues with notes larger than 100kb before.

I get the "Syncing temporarily paused"message much more frequently since around May 17, 2023. Usually, it takes at least several minutes. More than once, I waited 20 minutes before I just left the machine up so I wouldn't have two versions of the same note.

Yesterday I had to leave the office computer on to avoid the multiple notes problem. Soon afterward, I started my home laptop finding old versions of my frequently-used notes on it.

Spectrum (Charter) cable Internet speed is good, at least 325 MBPS down and 11 MBPS up. The office computer is Ethernet (CAT5) to the router. My home laptop is connected to the same cable with Ubiquiti Wi-Fi. Usually, no VPN. I get the same speeds at home as in the office. I use Windows 10, Chrome, and Evernote on the web on all devices. I am very dependent on Evernote.

3764897a-c83e-d055-27cb-f99d7d97d325

Please let me know if I can help.
  • 4 months later...
Just now, PinkElephant said:

Lost nothing, not even on the web client. Everything was just slow, part of it stalled like offline download. 

For me it returned to normal a few minutes ago.

Mine's still an issue on both the app and web client! I've reported it to Support and just waiting for a response.