Regret update of software - can't go back now

I've been using the the free version of Evernote for a few years now,  in it's most basic form, never needed it to do anything fancy other than write notes with links sometimes and sync between devices. The stupid pop up insisted on updating - unfortunately that has now locked me into either a paid subscription or nothing at all. I'll go with the nothing at all option and change to a different software but I want to at the very least copy/backup all of my notes to a text document! 
I understand I'm not your target audience as you want paid subscribers but at least give the option to export into text documents instead of "pay, or sign out" so we can move on.

• Level 5*

Hi.  The Forums are (mostly) user-supported so you might have to get hold of Support to view your notes,  but I don't see why you're locked into a paid subscription unless you managed to exceed the device limit for free accounts - and the block lasts for 30 days maximum,  not your lifetime.  So you could

1. Subscribe for at least 1 month (if you have access to that option) to get back immediately
  2. wait it out
  3. contact Support https://twitter.com/evernotehelps.
  • Like 2
  • Level 5

The „stupid upgrade message“ was there for a reason. The reason was you violated the device limit. And then you decided to ignore it, which caused a lockout. @gazumped has properly listed your options now.

For the future read this, and when you get „stupid“ messages again, you can check back to see where you stepped over the line.

• Like 1