Disabling “latest version” modal on desktop

Is there a way to disable notifications and, in particular, modals for Evernote updates?

Further, is there even value in a point release like this getting such prominence? (If the app insists on showing “latest version” popups—again, not my preference—these should at least be for features updates, not a copy/paste changelog entry.)

Evernote10_55.2.thumb.png.de879fd091f74c159fc710f754449069.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Every update contains value - by new features, better performance and bug fixes

EN has changed the update notifications since some updates - it will now show a friendly reminder in the left column, not popping up a notification window any more. Done, this was asked for by many users.

You will see this window after an update was successful, once, and you can click it away without reading (although it often contains information that will explain what was done, beside the oil change). There is no way to disable it.

If you want to have it changed, issue a support ticket.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jonathan H. said:

Further, is there even value in a point release like this getting such prominence? (If the app insists on showing “latest version” popups—again, not my preference—these should at least be for features updates, not a copy/paste changelog entry.)

I can't speak for others, but I really appreciate them. Even those that show nothing more than "we fixed some bugs" -- so that I know not to expect any new features in that release. And since it only takes a few seconds to read and happens maybe once or twice a month... anyways, I find them useful.

• Like 3