Personal vs pro

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

Hi all...

Well, I have a personal account since... forever.

Over 45 000 notes, on a Windows client (quite good) and a couple of Android clients (not very good).

I am considering the switch to a pro account. Why?

Bolean searches...

My search results are ridiculously long and very often completely useless. I need bolean.

But do they work well? Do they work fast? 

I have 15.000 notes and a few thousand tags. Evernote in my usecase is much slower than legacy. I switched beginning of this year. Boolean searches are as slow (or fast) as regular searches is my experience. I believe the local indices on different words/tags are quite fast in the underlying code. I did however switch tot seperate tags for ACTIVE projects versus tags for the INACTIVE notes for a project. The first has an exclamation mark at the end of the same named tag. I had to do so, because current Evernote doesn't sort-on-tags anymore. Great miss for my GTD/TSW setup. Maybe my reply helps you a bit further. I am satisfied enough to stick to Evernote, however...if Notion gets good back-up options and full offline functionality.......then I might do a proof-of-concept to switch.

• Level 5*
  • Solution

I also have Pro (and just over 61,000 notes),  and searches are pretty quick - though I don't go in for hugely complicated conditions.  I also find it useful when searching normally to exclude things to trim down my false hits.  Add a few -unwanted terms  to your original word(s) to reduce the number.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 8:57 AM, BeEfficient said:

... Ok ... sounds like a part-time job just for managing the tags.

Nah, systematics follow TSW and tags got created during a life time. Who, where, when are covered and results are very fast and useful allocation for my life and work. No need to maintain, just a simple methodology in prefixing and sufficing tags and types of tags.