copying text and image changes image into link

Hello, this is something rather annoying. In Evernote for Windows if I want to copy some text along with image from one note to another I get this:

image.png.2fd86661f620f502be199e2695822dd3.png

if I want to have the image visible I have to click on the link, save it as file, open the file in some image viewer, copy and paste again into Evernote to have it as before.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, McVitas said:

Hello, this is something rather annoying. In Evernote for Windows if I want to copy some text along with image from one note to another I get this:

image.png.2fd86661f620f502be199e2695822dd3.png

if I want to have the image visible I have to click on the link, save it as file, open the file in some image viewer, copy and paste again into Evernote to have it as before.

I agree that this behaviour is extremely annoying especially as for me the image flashes up momentarily before being replaced by the file that cannot be rendered attachment. A much easier work around is to copy either text or an image but not both. I can copy the text first and then copy the image and it works fine. Still a pain, but easier, in my opinion, than having to download the image.

• Like 1

the problem is I actually did CUT instead of COPY, so I couldn't redo it by copying text and then the image :-] Yes I know I could have pressed the undo button in this situation probably...

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Mike P said:

A much easier work around is to copy either text or an image but not both.

Or take a screenshot?  (Appreciate that's not always feasible or acceptable,  but it would work...)

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Mike P said:

A much easier work around is to copy either text or an image but not both.

3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Or take a screenshot?  (Appreciate that's not always feasible or acceptable,  but it would work...)

I personally do both of those suggestions depending on the situation.

Sometimes, if there is a lot of text and images, then I duplicate the note and delete the content from the duplicated note that I didn't want to cut/copy.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

When will this crucial function to paste text with images from Word/Outlook work again ?

This is urgently needed, and this worked perfectly in Evernote LEgacy, but now Legacy does not sync anymore... Back to the Stone Age: one by one downloading images from a text, and uploading them one by one :) Luckily Evernote invested in their super AI function, and not in this "paste text with images" which nobody needs ;) 

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, ombus said:

When will this crucial function to paste text with images from Word/Outlook work again ?

Hi.  Mainly users here.  If you've updated to the latest version and something isn't working I'd suggest you contact Support - there won't be an immediate response but they will register the issue.