Signing on using Apple login uses up number of synced devices meaning there's no way to use both Mac and iPhone

Hello. I have just started using Evernote and have an issue with the free plan allowance of 2 devices. I only need to use Evernote on my Mac and iPhone but I used the Apple login meaning each time I login, it opens Evernote on web and counts that as a device. I''ve therefore unwittingly used up my unsyncs for the month. How do have this reset please?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote seem to be trying to restrict the usage of their free app since it's mainly meant to be a trial version,  not one that anyone might use for low-volume access - after all they're giving away free online storage that after a year or two gets into the terabyte range,  and allowing access to most of the features of the subscription app.

The quick way to get around the device restriction is to subscribe - which also gives you access to their Support team.  Otherwise the limit will reset in a month,  and you could (if you have another email address) set up another free account to use in the meantime and merge the two later.

But I'm afraid your options are pay or wait - AFAIK there is no immediate 'reset' for any reason.

More information here - Understanding the device limit

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, gazumped said:

after a year or two gets into the terabyte range

...just for the sake of accuracy,  that should be gigabytes not terabytes.  I did sums in my head,  which is never a good idea...  :wub:

• Like 1