How to customize Evernote Web's "Home" ?

What must I do to customize my Home page in Evernote for Web? 

It's my understanding that I should click the Customize button in the "upper right corner" of my browser to customize Evernote for Web's "Home." That's the advice given by the following help page: Customize Home – Evernote Help & Learning 

A.K.A. -- {https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058119773-Customize-Home#:~:text=save your changes.-,Web,Click the "Change" button.}

But when I log in to Evernote for web in my Edge browser window, I find that in the upper right corner I see this: 

image.png.f03587bd7223591d0b5974140b8bb1ad.png

Is this the "Customize button" ?  It does not appear to be. This is baffling or, as Samuel L. Clemens might say, It is a dark and bloody mystery.

Pray tell, what must a customer do to customize their Home page in Evernote for Web?

1 hour ago, IncrediMetaBeta said:

Is this the "Customize button" ?

No, it's not.

The customize button looks like this:

image.png.2c8d8000a41942c9e2c3093a3b576f6d.png

You get to that screen by clicking on the 'Home' here:

image.png.524f664416eb7d35ea4b4a3c53962d4c.png

Based on your screenshot though, it looks to me though like you might be using an old "legacy" version of the software. The Home screen is only available in Evernote version 10. 

Also, as @bmcl26 pointed out, you have to be on a paid subscription to save your customization changes to the Home screen.

Do you know which version of Evernote you are using?

• Like 1

Hi, I have a paid subscription to Evernote.  Home screen appears on one of my computers but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make it appear on my laptop.  Both are running the newest version of Evernote (6.25.1.9091).  In the left menu on my laptop, the Home icon doesn't appear.  It's really only a big deal because I use the scratch pad quite a bit while taking field notes on my phone or tablet and want the scratch pad to appear on my laptop.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

image.thumb.png.d23d6bb92a0d47ab0ceaec61ca002026.png

image.thumb.png.1da78afe009c0496c4dab67f589be543.png

• Evernote Expert
56 minutes ago, bull284 said:

Both are running the newest version of Evernote (6.25.1.9091). 

v6.25 is over two years out of date. The latest version of Evernote is v10.53.2 Home screen is not supported in v6.

If you want to see the Home screen you should install v10.53.2 by download from https://www.evernote.com

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bull284 said:

Home screen appears on one of my computers but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make it appear on my laptop.  Both are running the newest version of Evernote (6.25.1.9091)

Sounds like your other computer is probably running version 10 and not 6.25 if it has the Home screen.

There is no auto-upgrade path from 6.25 to version 10 -- it will tell you that it is on the latest version. You have to manually download Version 10 and install it. Your notes will sync to Version 10 through the server.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the help.  Like you said, I checked and it said it was running the latest version so I didn't go any further down that path.  I will download the new version now.  This was driving me crazy, thanks!

• Like 1