list of notebooks missing to move a note

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

When I click to move a note to a new notebook, there are no notebook options for me to move to, although I have 14 notebooks.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but that did not work.  This is only an issue with my laptop, I do not have the same issue with my desktop or iPhone.

I see previous comments for this known problem, but I do not see any solution as they are several years old.  

evernote move.jpg

Device is Dell XPS with OS windows 11

evernote version 10.53.2

I am clicking on the upper left corner of the note.  On other devices, the list of notebooks appear.

I think the issue is a result of a duplicate notebook that only appears on this device.  The Notebook is called Recipe Keepers and includes 1,035 notes.  On this device only, there is a 2nd notebook also called Recipe Keepers and includes a total of 2,389 notes which is the total of all notes from 14 notebooks.  I do not know how to merge these 2 notebooks or fix it.  As I previously mentioned, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application but both issues (duplicate notebook and missing notebooks list) still exists.  

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution

Thanks for the information. I suspect that you have corrupted local data. First thing to try...

File, Sign Out, Remove data from this device

Sign back in and allow Evernote to rebuild your data from the cloud.

If that doesn't work uninstall Evernote using the Revo Uninstaller program. A default Windows uninstall does not clean out all the data and configuration. Then reinstall from the latest version at www.evernote.com/download

Again, sign back in and allow your data to be rebuilt from the cloud.