Scrolling of the left panel is "clumsy"

I have a feeling for some time already that the scrolling of the left panel in Evernote desktop application (Win10) is somewhat "clumsy".

I am struggling to find the right word to describe the behavior. I guess the that term "inertia" best describes it. There is always a noticeable delay when scrolling the left panel with the scroll wheel. The panel seem to be scrolling for a very short while even after I release the wheel. 

I don't observe this behavior when scrolling the note list or the note itself.  

The scrolling of all three elements of the EN page in the web interface is precise and acts as I would expect (even in the left panel). Comparison of precise scrolling in the web interface and "clumsiness" in the left panel in the desktop app is the most striking.

I am using Logitech MX Anywhere 3 mouse.

Is it just me or someone else has noticed it?

Sorry, might be a problem of processor speed? On my system (Core i7 with 2.9 GHz) it's scrolling smooth (enough; old Legacy version was much better 😉).
There might be a difference whether you enabled display of note count within notebooks or not (slightly faster).

I confirm that disabling note count improves the scrolling experience. Thank you.

My CPU specs are the same as yours. In any case, the issue is not really serious. It struck me when I opened the web interface and was surprised by the responsiveness of the web app  (after it loads) comparing to the desktop app. I am  a heavy user of Evernote and I am continuously jumping back and forth between the different notebooks so I need to scroll a lot.

While not as easy to do, I've found that an SSD vs HDD upgrade can make quite a difference with Evernote performance as well (in addition to just general across-the-board PC Windows performance). I recently upgraded a machine from HDD to SSD and was really impressed with the difference in overall responsiveness from just that one upgrade alone.

• 2 weeks later...

After some more research I discovered that the "clumsy scrolling" is somehow related to the scroll wheel in my mouse. Scrolling with the two fingers gesture on the touch pad is precise as expected. Again, scrolling in the web application works fine regardless what method I am using.