Unable to Save Templates

Go to solution Solved by Ian Ross Stewart,

When I try to create/save a new template. I receive an error message "Unable to save this note's content as a template". It seems to be consistent across any template I try to save. This is my first day using the Windows app. I'm on 10.53.2. 

As an aside, prior to using the Windows app, I was primarily an iOS user and had multiple templates saved on my iPhone that seemingly were not transferred into my templates on the Windows app. Does shifting operating systems not allow for saved templates to transfer over? 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 2/26/2023 at 4:53 AM, Ian Ross Stewart said:

Does shifting operating systems not allow for saved templates to transfer over?

Hmmn.  Not sure - the question hasn't come up before.  I think my templates have followed me across various computers,  but I never paid that much attention.  As a short-term work-around you should be able to export a note as an ENEX file,  and doubleclicking that will generate a new note with the same content.  You could raise this with Support (who are not us...) to find out if there's an issue.  Quick check - are you using the installed app,  or the web version?

On 2/25/2023 at 9:53 PM, Ian Ross Stewart said:

When I try to create/save a new template. I receive an error message "Unable to save this note's content as a template". It seems to be consistent across any template I try to save. This is my first day using the Windows app. I'm on 10.53.2. 

As an aside, prior to using the Windows app, I was primarily an iOS user and had multiple templates saved on my iPhone that seemingly were not transferred into my templates on the Windows app. Does shifting operating systems not allow for saved templates to transfer over? 

How many templates do you have saved? I believe there is a limit in place of either 20 or 25.

• Level 5

The limit is 20 own templates.

The usual workaround (as well for Free users who can’t save own templates) is to create notes, format them and then use duplicates of these notes. If somebody needs several, put them all into a „Templates“ notebook, and put this notebook into the shortcuts.

The number of clicks to start a duplicate of one of these notes is pretty similar to using a saved template.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, davidarosen said:

Are you really saying it takes 1 day for them to show up?

Hi.  No.  New users take a little while for account set-up;  existing subscribers should have more-or-less immediate access up to the maximum of 20 internally,  and of course on desktop any note can be exported to ENEX as a template and imported repeatedly;  or saved to a Template notebook and duplicated as necessary.

• 1 month later...