Feature Request: Pinned & Labeled Notes

Dear Evernote team,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm a frequent user of Evernote, and I wanted to suggest two new features that would make my experience even better.

Firstly, I would love to have the ability to add labels (colors) to my notes within a notebook. This would make it easy to visually categorize my notes and quickly find the ones I need. I could then filter my notes by color, making it easier to locate the notes I need.

Secondly, I would appreciate the ability to pin notes to the top of a notebook. This feature would be especially useful when I have important notes that I need to access frequently. By pinning these notes to the top of the notebook, I wouldn't have to scroll through all my other notes to find them.

I believe that these features would improve the functionality of Evernote and make it even more user-friendly. Thank you for considering my suggestions, and I look forward to seeing these features implemented in future updates.

Best regards,

Abder

Hey Abder, how are you? Thanks for contributing to our community.

So I have three things for you :)

1. Remembering that this is a user to user forum without guaranteed direct access to the EN teams, a great way to ensure your asks get seen is by using the correct thread. We have a section for Feature Requests, found here https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/449-product-feedbackfeature-requests/

2. Your ideas are valuable, but the great news is that we can approximate them already. If you want to be able to filter your notes then you don't need anything more than tags, and then using search to find tagged notes within a notebook or within other parameters of your choice. If you want to give your notes/notebooks some theatre, try using emojis in the title 

3. For pinning notes...well remember that paid accounts feature the ability to pin notes to the home screen, which personally I use a huge amount. If you wish merely to "force" a note to the top of a notebook then prefix the title with a dot (.title) as I have done in the screenshot example provided and then sort by title. That will bring that note to the top (or the bottom if reversed) giving you the pinned effect you wanted.

if you want or need to discuss further just DM me through the forum and we can work 1-2-1

Neil 

Screenshot_20230221-174939.png

• Like 1
On 2/18/2023 at 3:36 PM, Abder said:

Firstly, I would love to have the ability to add labels (colors) to my notes within a notebook.

I do this already using emojis. They look great and of course you can search for them as they are really just regular characters (although an  intitle: search doesn't seem to work)

image.png.91be30245d42ae5df4da301f0db2f65d.png

On 2/18/2023 at 3:36 PM, Abder said:

Secondly, I would appreciate the ability to pin notes to the top of a notebook.

My current work around is to have a $pinned tag. Then, whatever view or search I have, I can quickly find the most important notes by filtering on $pinned. For me, this actually has the advantage that it isn't dependent on a notebook and works equally well if I have already filtered on another tag or searched for some thing.

• Like 1

Yes, the prefixing of the title with the dot certainly works very well.  Thanks for that tip.  The pinned note also works well except I have a plan that only allows one pinned note on the Home page.  For now it's good enough.

However, can not figure out how to add emojis to the front of a notebook.  For example, I have a long list of notebooks and I want to highlight 3-4 of the ones that I use the most.  In Legacy I was able to add color to their names ie: red for "Work", green for "Home" etc.  Can't figure out how to do this or something similar in v10.  I am running desktop windows on win7 pro.  I figured out that I could do that prefix period trick on "rename notebook" and that puts the important notebooks on top of the list (not a bad trick).  Still would like to figure out how I can use emojis to draw attention.