Looking for best vendor contact template

What I'm looking for is a template where I can log my interactions with vendors during the course of my job as a hospitality Chief Engineer. I interact with vendors on a daily basis and if I don't write down details of the conversations things can fall through the cracks. I would like to track the pertinent details of these conversations electronically rather than in a physical notebook. Is there a good template for this that I can track date, time, name, and notes for each interaction or do I need to create one from scratch? If I have to create one from scratch, are there any tutorials/videos on how to do that?

Mark aka ZepTepi

Hey Mark. Should be super simple. Let me come back to you over DM or EN work chat tomorrow. Almost always best to "start from scratch" because it's so easy you may as well just build something perfect for your use case rather than approximate.

As I say, I'll reach out tomorrow (UK time) if you can wait. If you get a solution from elsewhere in the meantime all good 

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you didn't already sort this out - I'd suggest putting down your usual conversations as headlines - date / contact / contract name etc - and then save the headlines note as a template to use every time you have a conversation.  Add individual details every time you have the conversations - plus lag any additional tasks as... well, tasks.

Do a regular search for tasks to see what's still outstanding,  and to keep on top.  Save the search.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  If you didn't already sort this out - I'd suggest putting down your usual conversations as headlines - date / contact / contract name etc - and then save the headlines note as a template to use every time you have a conversation.  Add individual details every time you have the conversations - plus lag any additional tasks as... well, tasks.

Do a regular search for tasks to see what's still outstanding,  and to keep on top.  Save the search.

This is great advice @ZepTepi. I will shortly knock something up for you and send (as much because I enjoy doing it as anything else...)