Export Notebook to PDF hangs. Any advice?

Hi there.

I'm trying to export a large notebook (11884 notes) to PDF. I've subscribed to the Professional tier specifically for this functionality. Alas, the export hangs every time while trying to convert the very first note. I've spoken to Evernote tech support, have tried all the updating, reinstalling and restarting. No joy. To break the 11884 notes down into 119 separate 100-note notebooks (as suggested by tech support) would just be too onerous to attempt. 

Does anyone know of any way of exporting the notebook to PDF? I tried Cloud HQ but that was painfully slow, at least on the Free tier. Help!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Don't know how big your notes are,  but nearly 12,000 notes has got to be a fairly humungous file size which then has to translate into page graphics and/ or text...  I think the Support suggestion of 'try smaller chunks' would be a good idea.  It's possible to merge PDFs together,  so you could try some variations on 100 notes / 500 notes / 1000 notes and number the resulting PDFs in sequential order - but again if you wind up with a series of 20MB PDF files,  I'm not sure how that software will handle a bulk merge...

• Like 1

Thanks gazumped. Yeah, it's not viable to spend days creating over 100 notebooks and then dragging blocks of notes over to each one. I realize the file size will be big. But the software isn't even *trying* to create a PDF. That seems broken to me.

Incidentally, I've just tried creating a Notebook with only 100 notes in it, and exporting to PDF. Again, it's hanging on the first note.

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 12.34.34 PM.png

• Evernote Expert

Could it be the first note that's at fault?

Sometimes this type of issue is created by problem in the local data.

So my first port of call would be to rebuild your local data. In the desktop app File / Sign Out / Remove data for the device.

When you log back in your data will be rebuilt. It could take some time so be patient. When you feel the data is complete try the PDF expert again. If it still hands on the same note, try moving that note to a different notebook then try the export again.