Task reminders

I have just been getting into using taks to organize my life. I'm not sure where the reminders show up for my tasks. When I set reminders on notes that I created, I received an email notification, but not for task reminders.  I have email notification set for my reminders. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Agree.  Daily email reminder would be nice (such as the one I get each day from Google with my calendar events of the day).  I am still finding that I use my iphone reminders for most of my quick and dirty reminders eg: buy milk, call Bob.  I can do this within seconds by voice ie: "hey siri, call Bob tomorrow at 9am".  I also like the fact that those reminders come through on my phone with a long and very audible tone that I can hear from 3 rooms away.   If I set a reminder on EN it makes my phone beep once (softly) and then stays as a banner on my screen.  The advantage of the EN reminder is that it remains linked to the note and I can bring up the note instantly by pressing the banner.  However, 90% of the time I do not hear it and that can be a problem.  Younger people tend to be glued to their phones 24-7 and are instantly aware of every little notification that arrives.  Furthermore, their ears are better and they can hear that soft little tone when a reminder arrives.  Older people often spend the entire day away from the phone and their ears don't pick up delicate little beeps.  So the long and blasting reminders I get from Siri have an almost zero chance of getting missed.