EverNote App so slow on 9th Generation Ipad

For me it is horribly slow on i7 1 year old Windows systems with 16GB memory and SSD and also on Android note S22. I have racing conditions also all the time where results are slower then my next hotkey/strokes, openign notes is slow, searching is slow, saved searches is slow, saving is slow, photo's via Evernote near unsable on Android. Resinstalling doesn't help. Week of syncing doesn't help. I am opening tickets with Evernote support for this. I've switched from Legacy to regular a few weeks ago. I have ~20k of notes, 15GB I think. Evernote is my second brain. My work and private life are heavily impacted by this. Investigating alternatives, but cannot find offline tag-enabled alternatives....except Legacy. 

6 minutes ago, MvdH said:

For me it is horribly slow on i7 1 year old Windows systems with 16GB memory and SSD

My i7 is almost 4 years old and EN works fine on it, I also have an Android Phone running Android 11 and an Android Table on Android 8 both of which are a bit slower but still able to function at an acceptable level.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@MvdH Slowishness on the desktop client can point to a local database corruption.

Choose not to keep data on leaving in settings, then log out and quit the app. If you want, restart the PC.

Open EN again, log in. Let it run for a while - it will take time to download the full content again.

• Like 1

Thx VERY MUCH for thinking along. Nope. I tried all that. Also full reinstalls. I've had my share of crashes and DB corruptions too, corrupted indices, not finding things. It is slow in the webbrowsers, new sessions, new browsers, it is slow on Android. It is slow on Windows. I've opened a few tickets for the different aspects. One ticket I just opened, after I merge notes, it taks up to 10 to 20 seconds, sometimes a MINUTE before I can find the resulting merged tickets. Evernote is or frozen and busy, or simply showing the trahsed old notes. The new evernote is FULL of these things/delays. It's frustrating and slowing me down. I'm VERY fast on the keyboard/shortcuts, and in my mind already on the next notes for the next tasks as needed for my seconds brain as a CIO/COO...  My experience of leaving Legacy a week or so ago is not going well..

1 hour ago, bmcl26 said:

My i7 is almost 4 years old and EN works fine on it, I also have an Android Phone running Android 11 and an Android Table on Android 8 both of which are a bit slower but still able to function at an acceptable level.

So, curious, how many GB and how many notes and how many tags do you have? I have 15GB, ~20k notes, ~1800 tags.

5 minutes ago, MvdH said:

So, curious, how many GB and how many notes and how many tags do you have? I have 15GB, ~20k notes, ~1800 tags.

GB too over 28,000 notes, over 15,000 Tags.  I do however have 1gb Full Fibre Internet.

8 hours ago, MvdH said:

, after I merge notes, it taks up to 10 to 20 seconds, sometimes a MINUTE before I can find the resulting merged tickets. Evernote is or frozen and busy, or simply showing the trahsed old notes.

Is this on the windows client? How many notes do you merge and what's the note size of the individual notes?

On 2/12/2023 at 8:06 PM, eric99 said:

Is this on the windows client? How many notes do you merge and what's the note size of the individual notes?

Yes, the latest Windows client 10.53.2. 3 notes. 1½MB each.

On 2/12/2023 at 2:32 PM, bmcl26 said:

GB too over 28,000 notes, over 15,000 Tags.  I do however have 1gb Full Fibre Internet.

Curious. I've got 1GB two way fibre Internet too. Maybe it is the speed with which I change notes, for example, withitn 60 seconds, add 3 tags to 20 notes, in sets of 5,  select three, of 1½ MB each, merge them. Then the UI is lagging, it's showing old trashed notes. They slowly disappear one per say 4 seconds... I loose track of the resulting merged one, or it delays in showing.

On 2/12/2023 at 3:00 PM, PinkElephant said:

No experience on Windows, but it is pretty fast on my Macs, one with Intel i7, one with M1. Internet is 1k down / 50 up.

Time for a Mac maybe.........

20 minutes ago, MvdH said:

Curious. I've got 1GB two way fibre Internet too. Maybe it is the speed with which I change notes, for example, withitn 60 seconds, add 3 tags to 20 notes, in sets of 5,  select three, of 1½ MB each, merge them. Then the UI is lagging, it's showing old trashed notes. They slowly disappear one per say 4 seconds... I loose track of the resulting merged one, or it delays in showing.

Most of my notes are web clippings, or emailed from Outlook, Import Folders or Camera on my Phone.  Not a massive fan of Tags and never have to tag multiple notes at any time.  My notes are never overly large either.  Been with Windows since it's inception and MS Dos prior to that.  Have very little experience with Apple as I only (against my better judgement) was persuaded by my Daughter to get an iPhone (back in the 4series).   Only suffered it for six months as i got frustrated that it would not interface with my Windows PC as I would have liked.  I had been with Blackberry prior and have been with Android since.