Can no longer cut and paste images into notes in the desktop version

11 hours ago, Maureen Cohen said:

I can no longer cut and paste images into notes in the desktop version 

Where are you trying to copy from? I just successfully  copied and pasted images from Chrome, Word and the Windows file system into a note.

The general tragectory of image handling in Windows has been positive (but excrutiatingly slow) so I would check you are on the most upto date version.

10.52.8-win-ddl-public (3911)
Editor: v164.0.20364
Service: v1.64.1
© 2019 - 2023 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• 2 weeks later...

Web via Chrome browser, Firefox browser.

Windows 11, SurfacePro 9. This has happened in the past over the years, and it would fix itself over time with a new update or uninstalling Evernote. I did the uninstall, reboot, reinstall already this afternoon.

I have tried screenshot capture grabs on the two browsers and also Microsoft Word/Excel. I go to the note and try to paste. They show up, and then the error appears and they are gone.

I believe the images attempt to post as jpegs. Have not tried any gifs. I accumulate information on individual notes (for a company lead) and have done this for many years on Evernote. 

I also just tried a grab and drag to paste with a Jpeg from a local folder and received the same error.

2 hours ago, TylerDurden7 said:

I have tried screenshot capture grabs on the two browsers and also Microsoft Word/Excel. I go to the note and try to paste. They show up, and then the error appears and they are gone.

I believe the images attempt to post as jpegs. Have not tried any gifs. I accumulate information on individual notes (for a company lead) and have done this for many years on Evernote. 

I also just tried a grab and drag to paste with a Jpeg from a local folder and received the same error.

Although I do still get occassional issues with images it's generqally getting better and I'm not currently getting the symptoms you describe. Reinstalling the software is not going to solve any corruption of the database, whch is the most likely problem.. I would clear your database by signing out and choosing "Remove my Evernote data from this device". You could also try and see if you have the same issue on the web version - success here would definitely indicate a local database problem. Obviously also check you have the most upto date version (10.52.8) as they do seem to have been working away in the background on some of the annoying image handling issues.  (10.52.8 is apparently "Miscelaneous bug fixes", but a number of users, me included, think they actually added rocket propulsion under the hood!)

• Thanks 1

Similar issue with me, using latest MacOS Desktop version.

Difference: copy paste from one note to the other note in Evernote - the image are lost!

Copy/Cut & Paste section with images from one Note into new Note, it shows me very shortly this message in the new note:

image.png.7d8c73d0b9bba8deea49a726a8fc1907.png

Which I ignored, because the image was first shown correctly, but later the image is disappear and it looks like: two turning circles

image.png.622f02230998d139a012c0436e8c786b.png

Unfortunately the section with the image from the original note is removed. How can I bring back the image?

I've had the same problem.

Solution: duplicate the note and paste the image into the new note. This usually resolves the issue. Then delete the original note.

The only issue I've had is that is annoying if I've already shared the note and want to add an image later, as I'd have to share the new duplicated note URL and delete the original note to avoid having an unusable buggy note.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. Using a Win10 system, just checked and it's on the latest update. I'm using the Windows Snipping Tool and also tried the newer Snip & Sketch. I tried copying and pasting and got the same messages that are showing above. I've tried the online version and am having similar problems - the pasted screenshots just don't show up. I also tried to drag a saved screenshot (both png and jpg), with the same results on both versions. I am running 10.53.2. I'm not sure if it's the latest because now Evernote Windows doesn't appear to be connecting to the update - I get a flash in the square box that pops up, then it remains white with no information.

I don't use this computer very often, so I don't know if this has been an issue for awhile. My Win11 computer hasn't experienced an issue.

On 1/31/2023 at 2:04 AM, Mike P said:

Although I do still get occassional issues with images it's generqally getting better and I'm not currently getting the symptoms you describe. Reinstalling the software is not going to solve any corruption of the database, whch is the most likely problem.. I would clear your database by signing out and choosing "Remove my Evernote data from this device". You could also try and see if you have the same issue on the web version - success here would definitely indicate a local database problem. Obviously also check you have the most upto date version (10.52.8) as they do seem to have been working away in the background on some of the annoying image handling issues.  (10.52.8 is apparently "Miscelaneous bug fixes", but a number of users, me included, think they actually added rocket propulsion under the hood!)

the remove the database + starting fresh install was the fix for me. It has not happened again yet. In the past, this would come and go over time and it could simply be that my local database is just too big as I use this for company research and each note is a new company. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, TylerDurden7 said:

the remove the database + starting fresh install was the fix for me. It has not happened again yet. In the past, this would come and go over time and it could simply be that my local database is just too big as I use this for company research and each note is a new company. 

That worked for me as well. Remove the database alone didn't fix the problem, but then re-installing Evernote did the trick. It's back working like it should. Thanks!