• Evernote Expert

Please explain what you mean by "Correct Code Snippet Formatting'.

Also please describe how you are currently attempting this and provide the version number of the Android application together with your version of Android.

Sorry, that didn't sound like i meant it to mean.

I meant that I was looking to get the 'correctly formatted' code snippet result, from simply copying to Evernote.

My version is 10.18 (1118144), Android 11, and I'm prefacing the snippet with ```.

ALSO: I'd like to have any form of 'floatable' Evernote access; wether it be a single note drawn over the focused screen, or a floating widget. Without the need to download another app, of course.

I'm well familiar with Floating Apps, but that isn't a solution I'm looking for.

• Evernote Expert

The current release of the Android app is 10.46 so you might benefit from updating.

However many/most of the keyboard shortcuts that apply to the desktop application are not supported in mobile. I think ''' is one of these.

• Level 5

@zefon There is no auto formatting of code snippets in EN - whoever told you so didn’t know EN, or was misleading you.

You can enter a code block, which is basically plain text, formatted with monospaced font and a grey background. This is dumb formatting of text, nothing like code generators offer.

It is useful to store a little code, nothing more. EN is made for note taking, not for coding.

• Evernote Expert

@zefon Just checked and help documentation says:

``` at the beginning of a line, followed by the Enter key begins and ends the code block.

Note: Code blocks cannot be created via auto-formatting in Evernote for Windows or Android.

Please note it specifically excludes Android.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001758468

You'll have to use the blue 🔵 plus + button, select Code Block and then paste the code. But as @PinkElephantnotes. Evernote is not a coding tool. Just a place to store snippets inside whatever note you're creating.