Webclipper not using the notebook specified in settings despite settings saying it will

I have a notebook set in settings, but sometimes webclipper put the note in a totally different place.  I checked settings for webclipper and that was the problem, there it said to use smart filing.  I believe the wording should be changed in Evernote settings, as it says "Evernote’s Web Clipper will also use this as its default notebook" and it's clearly not doing that.

• qofmiwok changed the title to Webclipper not using the notebook specified in settings despite settings saying it will
  • Level 5
10 hours ago, qofmiwok said:

I have a notebook set in settings, but sometimes webclipper put the note in a totally different place.  I checked settings for webclipper and that was the problem, there it said to use smart filing.  I believe the wording should be changed in Evernote settings, as it says "Evernote’s Web Clipper will also use this as its default notebook" and it's clearly not doing that.

This is a good point. the Webclipper settings don't make any reference to the default notebook at all. It would be helpful to raise this with Evernote directly (we're mainly other users here), either through a support ticket if you have a paid subscription, or using the Feedback feature (which I think is only available by clicking your account name in the Web app).