Evernote keeps deleting notes (even while I am typing them)

I gave up using the Evernote App a while ago because it simply had to many bugs and switched to logging in through my phone's browser. But now there's a new bug that won't let me even do that:

When I try to add a new task, the text keeps getting deleted while I type. It feels like trying to type with lag and it's extremely annoying. On top of that, even after I somehow manage to finish the task and save it, there's no guaranty that it will stick around. Only today a task I wrote yesterday was missing half of the its contents, making it unusable.

I bought Evernote Premium because I was looking for a reliable tool so I don't have to carry around a notebook, but now I have to write everything on paper anyway, because I can't rely on the notes and tasks I save. I have to say I am quite disappointed that Evernote only works as intended on my PC and nowhere else.

Hey good evening, hope all is well.

This seems crazy. What mobile device are you using? I use android and web, and simply haven't experienced any of the above issues; and certainly not with tasks. Perhaps you could reach out to the support team and let us know how you get on https://evernote.com/contact. Or, I am happy to screen share with you if convenient to work through these issues. Let me know if that works and we can set something up :)

• Like 1

Hey Neil!

I am using a moto g(7) power with Android 10. I am not sure if screen sharing will be helpful cause the bug doesn't happen all the time - but it happening regularly means I can't trust my notes.

I can try to get in touch with the support team and see if they can figure something out.

• Like 2

I'm having similar problems which is new.  Evernote has been reliable and easy for years.  Now, in the past two days, it's not working.  The title keeps disappearing after I type it, the note I wrote yesterday is gone.  
I used the app on my phone to write a note today - it's there on the web version but I can't get it to sync to my laptop.  And can't even find the 'SYNC' button anymore.  I'm using the paid personal version on two devices, my WIN10 laptop and my Android phone.

I've uninstalled downloaded and reinstalled the latest version - which I already had - onto my laptop.  Still the recent note is missing and it takes a long time to open. 

On 12/11/2022 at 1:57 PM, Stephanie B said:

I'm having similar problems which is new.  Evernote has been reliable and easy for years.  Now, in the past two days, it's not working.  The title keeps disappearing after I type it, the note I wrote yesterday is gone.  
I used the app on my phone to write a note today - it's there on the web version but I can't get it to sync to my laptop.  And can't even find the 'SYNC' button anymore.  I'm using the paid personal version on two devices, my WIN10 laptop and my Android phone.

I've uninstalled downloaded and reinstalled the latest version - which I already had - onto my laptop.  Still the recent note is missing and it takes a long time to open. 

Hey. Have you reached out to the support team? https://evernote.com/contact

• 4 months later...

Was this ever resolved? I have the same issue exclusively when entering a task on my desktop app. I will be entering text in the task and it will suddenly delete letters or words and jump the cursor location. This is happening on two different computers but does not happen on my cell or on the browser.

• Level 5
17 hours ago, AGNailed said:

Was this ever resolved? I have the same issue exclusively when entering a task on my desktop app. I will be entering text in the task and it will suddenly delete letters or words and jump the cursor location. This is happening on two different computers but does not happen on my cell or on the browser.

Hi, and welcome to the forums. This is the Android app forum. You'll get better advice by posting in the forum for your desktop app (Mac or Windows). Look through https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/440-possible-bugstechnical-issues/.